Race Day PRON

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Race Day

I cooked a green ham and a half of a turkey. We had a potluck for the race today at the bar I work at part-time.

The turkey was from an accident that involved a truck that was on the way to the packing house. One of my freinds works for a towing company that cleans up semi wrecks. He got a hold of 4 turkeys. One died a few week after the accident. My friend ended up feeding out the turkeys for the next 7 months. Larry and Curly were taken to a local locker. Moe was tragicly eaten by a coyote. I estimate that the half turkey weighed around 20 lbs.

The green ham was from another customer from the bar that did not know how to prepare it. The part in the picture is 1/3 of the whole ham. It weighed about 12 lbs.

I didn't do anything special, just put rub on and then smoked. I did use a higher temp. because I have bartened the last 2 nights and was tired. I smoked with a combo of RO briquettes, RO Hardwood Lump and apple chips.

Sorry I didn't get pictures of the sliced product, I was running late and forgot those.

(I don't know why this whole thing is underlined. I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't work.)

Last edited:
Back