THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've been doing it on my last couple of steaks and liked it.
It's a bit more work but pretty good.

What do you think?

JKF??

Just Kiss Flies?
Join Kmart Fanclub?
Jump, Knock, Flail?
Jokers Know Fire?
Jam, Kiwi & Farro?

Don’t know what it is, but I’m ain’t doing nothing weird with my steaks.

Goes against everything we've been schooled on. NO! Flip it only once. If you flip more than once, you have screwed the pooch.

Tough as nails. One flip only. Any more flips and you are the reason your steak/burger sucks. Or so they say.

I usually flip twice. Cook/grill marks on first side, flip to cook opposite side, flip & turn 60 degrees to get pretty grill marks on first side.

I usually flip twice. Cook/grill marks on first side, flip to cook opposite side, flip & turn 60 degrees to get pretty grill marks on first side.

sounds like dad's minute steak method

cook steak for 1:45, flip
cook for 1:45 quarter 1/4 turn and flip
cook for another 1:45 1/4 turn and flip
finish of for another 1:45 or until prefer doneness

I usually don't rest a steak outright. I figure it gets enough rest time while I get situated; fix up my potato, grab a side and pour something to drink

sounds like dad's minute steak method

cook steak for 1:45, flip
cook for 1:45 quarter 1/4 turn and flip
cook for another 1:45 1/4 turn and flip
finish of for another 1:45 or until prefer doneness

I usually don't rest a steak outright. I figure it gets enough rest time while I get situated; fix up my potato, grab a side and pour something to drink

I used to do that, but I got lazy and got rid of the last flip. :loco:

That’s way too much playing with the meat.

Just another YouTube joker trying to make a name for themselves with stupid meat tricks

Brilliant, John!

One could form the lyrics to a new song based on those two sentences you just wrote. "Stupid Meat Tricks" would be an ideal title for said song.

You're welcome.

:bow:

Back