Smoked Chicken Gumbo

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I used some of the smoked chicken from yesterday's post...
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294011
to make gumbo.

BBEaYvc.jpg

4P8isSg.jpg

Went with what I had on hand. Smoked sausage, andouille and tasso..

sYcfJom.jpg

kGvrQqv.jpg

Filled my sterilized jars with the smoked chicken, sausage, andouille and tasso first..

hgnZEIS.jpg

topped with celery, onion, garlic and peppers..

j9TLpfM.jpg

added a few spices...

I1mSZ4p.jpg

yLtMXcS.jpg

topped off with seasoned chicken stock..

EVj8PJU.jpg

Into the pressure canner for 75 minutes at 12 lbs of pressure for my altitude.

fsVTXfm.jpg

i862ZG4.jpg

Since flour does not can well, I thickened the gumbo stock with roux when heating to eat. It takes about 10 minutes to open a jar and have it ready for the rice.

1DqzrsL.jpg

Served with rice...

ibKAd9Z.jpg

lexUqL1.jpg

H7v2mBh.jpg

It's nice to have the gumbo on the shelf for quick meals. One jar will make about 2 meals for me! It'll keep me warm this winter. :-D

Thanks for looking!

That looks great, you had me at gumbo! I just learned something new (again) from you, and that is that you are able to can that type of product and keep it without refrigeration. This place is great for learning new tricks. Another fabulous creation, Jeanie.

I take back my snarky, anti-chicken comment from in your previous post. This more than justifies yardbird. Fantastic.

So, finished with summer hay and now your cooking up a storm I guess?

I guess it's time to get my pressure canner fixed up. I know it needs a new seal for the lid. It hasn't been used in a couple decades.

Points for a great idea. :clap2:

That looks great, you had me at gumbo! I just learned something new (again) from you, and that is that you are able to can that type of product and keep it without refrigeration. This place is great for learning new tricks. Another fabulous creation, Jeanie.

Thanks Ron! :-D It's nice to have a variety in the cellar. Living in the middle of nowhere, I don't go to town unless I have to. :laugh:
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

I take back my snarky, anti-chicken comment from in your previous post. This more than justifies yardbird. Fantastic.

So, finished with summer hay and now your cooking up a storm I guess?
lol Thanks Kevin!! I didn't see a snarky remark. I'll look for it. lol
I ended up making quite a bit of gumbo. Some with garden okra and some without. I liked both.
Hope all is well on your end of the state! :-D

Dang !!! You are a culinary genius !!! AND .... quite a photographer ... Spectacular !!!

Very kind of you Mike! Thanks! :-D

Wow........... Great job!

Thanks so much MountainMan! :-D

That sure tops my vac sealed meats for quick meals. Those are awesome

Joe, I bet your vac sealed meals are fantastic! Isn't it nice to have them on hand! Thank you for the kind comment. Hope you have a great weekend! :-D

You never cease to amaze Jeanie!

I can say the same about your cooks Marty... You never disappoint! Thanks for the kind comment! :-D

I guess it's time to get my pressure canner fixed up. I know it needs a new seal for the lid. It hasn't been used in a couple decades.

Points for a great idea. :clap2:

You DO need to get a new gasket and check out the gauge. I've got three pressure canners and at least 2 waterbaths. They've been getting a workout lately. I need an outdoor kitchen. lol
Thanks Craig!

Back