Pit Boss griddle...

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Anyone bought one yet (if they’re even on the market?)

Love what I’ve seen of the grease tray!

I meant Pit Boss:mmph:

I haven't seen it yet. I'm so disappointed with my older Blackstone. I have the one with the grease drain in front. ot makes a mess no matter what. the new ones also have a bit of a lid which helps considered the cover is not water proof in the least.

I haven't seen it yet. I'm so disappointed with my older Blackstone. I have the one with the grease drain in front. ot makes a mess no matter what. the new ones also have a bit of a lid which helps considered the cover is not water proof in the least.

I have had my front drain Blackstone for about 6 years and have never had a problem with the front drain.

I have had my front drain Blackstone for about 6 years and have never had a problem with the front drain.

Its not really a problem while cooking. Its during clean up. I use water to help steam it and as I push everything forward to the drain it spatters. Grease doesn't always run into the cup perfectly either. It's just a poor design pulling the mess towards you and down a long track, evidenced by the fact that no other griddle continues it.

I was an early adopter and and like my griddle but I feel like I was the test subject

Don’t have that one, but I do have the big ole’ Camp Chef 6 burner griddle. Absolutely love it. Gets used an easy 4-5x week. You looking to add a griddle to your arsenal?

Yes sir, we had the cuisineart and used it a lot but it was round and the grease collection was AWFUL! Sold it and just haven’t found the right one yet.

Don’t have that one, but I do have the big ole’ Camp Chef 6 burner griddle. Absolutely love it. Gets used an easy 4-5x week. You looking to add a griddle to your arsenal?
Do you use a crane to lift it on and off the burners? Or is it dedicated like the
Blackstone?

Do you use a crane to lift it on and off the burners? Or is it dedicated like the

Blackstone?

No kidding... these griddles are heavy! The FTG900 model that I have is a dedicated griddle like the Blackstone. The 4 burner, or FTG600 model, has the removable flat top. Either way, I’d never remove it and use it as a grill. Just have not interest in concerting a flat top into a “grill.”

Yes sir, we had the cuisineart and used it a lot but it was round and the grease collection was AWFUL! Sold it and just haven’t found the right one yet.

Are you specifically looking for a small griddle? Does it need to be portable? How many people are you cooking for on a regular basis when using it?

4 as a rule up to 10, I don’t really want a 36” but I may have to.

I’m checking out grease drain and grease containment as much as anything.

4 as a rule up to 10, I don’t really want a 36” but I may have to.

I’m checking out grease drain and grease containment as much as anything.

All I can offer is my experience and what I have learned from it. I have been cooking on griddles for about 5-6 years now. The first 4 being on a 17” & 36” Blackstone and the past 2 being on a 48” Camp Chef FTG900. Had a really good experience w/ the Blackstone’s. That said, there were a few quirky things with the Blackstone’s that led me to start looking at the competition just to see what what out there. The Camp Chef lineup immediately had my attention.

-More even heat distribution because of the heat dispersement plate they attach to the bottom of the griddle surface.
-The griddle comes pre-seasoned.
-The griddle has 2 lower shelf’s which not only allow for more storage, but more structural rigidity.
-The shelves fold down on both sides.
-The overall construction was heavier duty.
-The grease management systems did not have the same complaints that the Blackstone griddles did.

I decided to sell both of my Blackstone’s and buy the Camp Chef, and have honestly had zero regret. It gets used a ton and hasn’t missed a beat.

Not sure if you have looked into them, but they do offer a smaller model...

https://www.campchef.com/flat-top-grill-475.html

There’s is definitely more competition on the market today then just a few years ago. Perhaps there is something that’ll better meet your needs. For me though, I am sold on the CS flat tops :)

All I can offer is my experience and what I have learned from it. I have been cooking on griddles for about 5-6 years now. The first 4 being on a 17” & 36” Blackstone and the past 2 being on a 48” Camp Chef FTG900. Had a really good experience w/ the Blackstone’s. That said, there were a few quirky things with the Blackstone’s that led me to start looking at the competition just to see what what out there. The Camp Chef lineup immediately had my attention.

-More even heat distribution because of the heat dispersement plate they attach to the bottom of the griddle surface.
-The griddle comes pre-seasoned.
-The griddle has 2 lower shelf’s which not only allow for more storage, but more structural rigidity.
-The shelves fold down on both sides.
-The overall construction was heavier duty.
-The grease management systems did not have the same complaints that the Blackstone griddles did.

I decided to sell both of my Blackstone’s and buy the Camp Chef, and have honestly had zero regret. It gets used a ton and hasn’t missed a beat.

Not sure if you have looked into them, but they do offer a smaller model...

https://www.campchef.com/flat-top-grill-475.html

There’s is definitely more competition on the market today then just a few years ago. Perhaps there is something that’ll better meet your needs. For me though, I am sold on the CS flat tops :)

Did you feel like the 17" did a good job? Not sold on a brand, but like the idea of having a flat top to throw stuff together from time to time for a family of 3.

Did you feel like the 17" did a good job? Not sold on a brand, but like the idea of having a flat top to throw stuff together from time to time for a family of 3.

The 17” was great! That said, if I could rewind time I would’ve gone with the 22” BS. Cooking on a griddle is obviously different than a traditional grill... so being able to spread out a bit is really nice. For a few more $$ I’d suggest the 22”.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076MFM8LX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0mMyEbQJNR86T

Loving my FTG600 so far, I like the space, even for just two people, but will cook for many if needed.

Back