Rack of pork (lots O pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Josh
Hey folks,

Picked this from Costco the other day. Prime rib was outside the budget after the brisket and everything else I picked up for feeding the whole gang for Christmas week. But this was not a bad substitute. Trimmed it up and let it sit overnight rubbed down with some coarse kosher salt. Rinsed that off late afternoon and coated it with some Oakridge Secret Weapon. It was my first go with that rub and it was great! I'm a fan. Cooked it indirect in the kettle with mesquite lump and cherry chunks for smoke. Then reverse seared that sucker. In all it took about 2hrs to cook. And I will be using the Secret Weapon on another one in the future for sure. It turned out great. Served with corn and some white cheddar mash. In the end the Secret Weapon was perfect with the spot on smoke flavor it had. And talk about juicy.

yYF2WL3l.jpg

bD08adRl.jpg

GFyh5uel.jpg

EsGKI9il.jpg

WmcDV72l.jpg

NEuaaC5l.jpg

c6HRmt3l.jpg

RqbpsW4l.jpg

RE7XAiMl.jpg

iVltXp8l.jpg

x4il8Rhl.jpg

ZmzFLHil.jpg

Looking great as usual Josh! I like that this year they had the price at 2.99 from 4.50lb or somewhere around there. I was was tempted to pick one up but had a lot of other things to cook.

Looks fantastic! I smoked ours last night in the kamado and we had them today with egg noodles and broccoli. Totally forgot to take a picture. I wish Costco carried tehem year round, but I've only ever seen them during the holidays.

Back