Bon Voyage Ribeyes and Scallops

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
EDIT: Sorry if those pictures seem so big this time. Didn't do anything different than usual.

Time for the wife's trip back home to Good (South) Korea, and as usual, have to have a nice steak dinner before she leaves, as beef is really pricey over there. I had planned ahead and picked up a couple Prime Ribeyes from HEB a couple weeks ago. The great marbling made me somehow overlook the odd cutting job the butcher did. We seasoned them up, vacuum sealed them, into the fridge for a day to sorta wet brine, then into the freezer until ready.

IMG_6398_zps3ekcvkjj.jpg

Reverse seared on the WSCG after taking a Mesquite smoke bath.

IMG_6415_zpsxo5tmayg.jpg

Didn't feel like using two levels on the grill, so just sautéed the mushrooms and scallops on the stove top. Mushrooms with some garlic butter.

IMG_6400_zpscigvcmld.jpg

Scallops were rinsed, dried, dusted with SYM, and then seared in a little butter.

IMG_6404_zpskxbzxuhk.jpg

IMG_6419_zpsgqdhccld.jpg

My steak, sliced, and plated with some Spicy Chimichurri. One of the best steak pictures I've ever taken, and tasted great too...

IMG_6420_zpsqf4ctkfl.jpg

Scallops and shrooms, with some ugly onions that didn't grill up well...

IMG_6421_zpsdudreshn.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
Big or not those are some great pictures of an awesome meal. :)

Those pics are farkin HUGE!!!

Dear GAWD I hope my plate is that size!!!!

Looks fantastic Terry

That looks amazing, Terry.

Not only can you cook, but you sure do take nice photos of it all!

We hope CINCHOUSE's trip isn't interrupted/affected by the wild fires happening in Korea. We wish her safe travels, and hope that you manage to not go stir-crazy without her 'round the homestead.

Steak looks perfect, Terry! I’m digging the scallops with SYM Hot... gotta give that a test drive. It’s added to the list!

Back