Smokey Crab Bisque

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm behind in posting cooks. Been too busy around here!

Visited a restaurant in Oklahoma City recently and was happy to see Crab Bisque on the menu. Sadly, it tasted like canned cheese soup and crab with a "k". :tape: I came home and made my own.

Used some of my cold smoked butter. I keep sticks of it in the freezer and use it for a ton of things.

kJzSzpR.jpg

IfVghSt.jpg

xTyI1j6.png

JsUXfFV.png

gathered some ingredients...

jritHpx.jpg

some king crab meat...

hz9bgsZ.jpg

FmMtLke.jpg

started with the smoked butter... ended up using 2 sticks..

iZlpXJu.jpg

TpXIk6O.jpg

5ybC0jy.jpg

kMuyNUB.jpg

added my cream..

dAznF76.jpg

cooked tatoes...

cR8HrUY.jpg

shrimp...

zeQrcHD.jpg

the crab meat...

T4xiPNf.jpg

spices, bacon and parsley and dinner was ready.

ouzNNXY.jpg

Fried up a couple of soft shelled crabs for toppers and called er good.

jNx5li5.jpg

added some extra crab meat on top...

La9e3AI.jpg

7EV8RYV.jpg

The girls were happy it wasn't chicken and noodle night. :)

VSpt5Hj.jpg

It was smokey and comforting. I got carried away with too many ingredients but loved the flavor. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Stellar. I would love to have a bowl of that, but put my soft shell, on a po boy please.:-D

Stellar. I would love to have a bowl of that, but put my soft shell, on a po boy please.:-D

Thanks Josh! I was going to save that second soft shell for a sandwich but couldn't resist. It didn't last long enough.
Hope you have a great weekend! :-D

Thanks Josh! I was going to save that second soft shell for a sandwich but couldn't resist. It didn't last long enough.
Hope you have a great weekend! :-D

I understand that. Just getting ready for the cold front. Be glad when April gets here.

I understand that. Just getting ready for the cold front. Be glad when April gets here.

Me too, Josh! Sounds like it's going to be cold for a few days. I'm not ready for it. lol

Damn. That looks good! Have you had the lobster bisque at Texas de Brazil? I still haven’t found anything close to it.

WOW! That sounds amazing! And all those delicious cold smoked items, I really don't know what to do with myself right now. Or be sad that I had leftover pulled pork nachos for dinner. Well as always, it looks great. Even if I'm starving now.

You say you got carried away with too many ingredients but remember one of my favorite sayings: “nothing succeeds like excess.” As usual another fantastic looking dish. I’ve never had bisque before but I love all seafood so I bet it’s good and I bet yours is some of the best.

Stay warm girl. It’s gonna be nasty this weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome cook. Anything starting with two sticks of butter has to be good!

Your bisque looks fantastic, I'm sure it was excellent. It doesn't surprise me that anything you make at home would far surpass restaurant food! Superb job, as always.

- Dom

Fantastic looking cook Jeanie, hope you're having a great weekend. :-D

Yes sir, mash up some crackers and dump a gob a ketchup in there and you'd have goood eats.
Ed

Great looking cook, Jeanie! I totally appreciate the disappointment of eating out and knowing you could have cooked that dish at a higher level. Great tip on using cold smoked butter - definitely need to give that a go.

Some comfort food would be welcome here in True North... going to be a little chilly these next few days!

Back