Pollo en Mole Verde con arroz, frijoles fritos y aguacate

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Noticed a container of Mole Verde on the shelf at on of the local Mexican supermarkets. Since I've never tasted Mole Verde, decided to give it a try.

K salted and black peppered two chicken breasts. Grilled over RO hardwood lump and a small stick of apple.

hw9m5Kq.jpg

Cooked some rice.

ffBHF4L.jpg

Fried some beans.

K9zWEEl.jpg

Lined up the mole players.

n9vviaf.jpg

The mole comes as a thick paste and needs to be thinned with chicken broth and then heated.

hZ9rfH4.jpg

Chicken served on a bed of rice and mole with beans and avocado.

Time To Eat!!!

46aPuOE.jpg

¡Maldita sea! ¡Esto fue primo!

fwiw - got to checking and mole verde is super ez to make. Will give that a try next time.

Last edited:
Mole verde is my favorite and yours looks great.

Growing up we always ate it but with pork instead of chicken as that is how grandma made it.

I went to visit my parents this past weekend and my mother had made a big batch of it. It sure brought back fond memories.

Mole verde is my favorite and yours looks great.

Growing up we always ate it but with pork instead of chicken as that is how grandma made it.

I went to visit my parents this past weekend and my mother had made a big batch of it. It sure brought back fond memories.

Thank you very much. Next time I'll try it with pork.

That looks delicious.

Our local Hispanic Grocery has several moles on offer.... and I've been meaning to give one-two a try. This is a good poke/prod in that direction.

Back