Gift Wrap BRISKET

Jbowie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Several times I have given full cooked brisket to family and friends. Is there a recommended way to present to someone who may not know how to slice and or reheat meat. Any hints on packaging? I usually make burnt ends as part of the presentation.

Best if you can invite the recipient over and serve it to them. That gives you full control and shows them how you do it.

Next best would be to make a blog post or video about "how I serve brisket" and include the URL or email it separately.

Lastly... You cannot make them do what you want. Once you give it, it's theirs.

As to the mechanics, when I give gifts of smoked meat I usually package it in reasonable size portions for the number of people you expect them to serve (e.g. no 5 lb / 2 kg packs for a couple that lives alone) and provide it like that. Personally I don't like to slice brisket ahead of time so I would just seal up 1 lb / 1/2 kg portions using my Food Saver.

I gave out some meat as Christmas gifts....I sliced the brisket, portioned it, and vacuum sealed it with reheat instructions (hot water bath). I figured it was the easiest way to prevent someone drying it out by keeping it in the oven too long or by super-nuking it in the microwave.

I gave out some meat as Christmas gifts....I sliced the brisket, portioned it, and vacuum sealed it with reheat instructions (hot water bath). I figured it was the easiest way to prevent someone drying it out by keeping it in the oven too long or by super-nuking it in the microwave.

Yep... I gave someone half a packer once and they just microwaved the whole thing. But they also sauced it so I’m sure they had no idea what they were doing wrong.

Back