Yard Bird

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Halved a whole chicken this morning injected it with BPS Chicken Prod then seasoned with Loot N' Booty Gold Star Chicken Rub, cooked on the Performer with Lump in the Vortex and a small chunk of Pecan for a hint of smoke.

cHSqXLs.jpg

Drizzled with Alabama White Sauce.

G4NTySV.jpg

Basicly similar to Arby's Horsey sauce.

To me....not really. There's more of a vinegar bite to white sauce than the Horsey sauce. I like to amp up the horse radish when I make mine.

Sorry for the de-rail, Kevin......back to topic. :oops:

To me....not really. There's more of a vinegar bite to white sauce than the Horsey sauce. I like to amp up the horse radish when I make mine.

Sorry for the de-rail, Kevin......back to topic. :oops:
No worries brother we're just talking Q. :wink:

Looks excellent, Kevin! Love the color on the chicken... beautiful!

That is some good looking chicken. You're really going to like doing chicken on the Mak. I know the rub is great, what about the Chicken Prod? I have been trying to decide between it, Kosmo's, or Butchers. Do you know how it compares to Cajun Injector, for moistness?

I thought for sure the bird was done on the Hunsaker - nice kettle work :clap2:

That is some good looking chicken. You're really going to like doing chicken on the Mak. I know the rub is great, what about the Chicken Prod? I have been trying to decide between it, Kosmo's, or Butchers. Do you know how it compares to Cajun Injector, for moistness?
First time injecting a chicken so I wouldn't be a good judge, it certainly was moist and everyone thought it turned out great.

I thought for sure the bird was done on the Hunsaker - nice kettle work :clap2:
Prefer to hang them in the drum but the kettle + vortex is heck of a chicken cooker too. I was being lazy and ease of setup and cleanup on the kettle won out.

Back