Fire/heat logic on a vertical

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
If two vertical chambers share the same firebox, can the temps be adjusted enough by the exhaust where one side is 250 and the other is 325? I’m assuming yes but I have nothing to confirm this.

Well both temps require different amounts of air flow. In/out. So your fire would have to be hot enough to get the 325*. But also supply enough heat/airflow for the other chamber.
On top of that. Depending on how much and where you place meats. Greatly affects airfow.
You would need fully adjustable diverters for airflow both intake and exhaust on both cabinets.
Can it be done. Sure. But at what cost and trouble.

Is the question based on idle curiosity or are you planning something "different"?

I'm not an engineer (by a long shot) but I'm with Ebijack. I can't see you being able to control temps in different cook chambers sharing the same firebox by use of exhaust alone. Dampers, diverters plus exhausts will get you there. But what's the gain?

Why? And as a general rule I don't believe in choking down exhaust, well ever really. Is there a modification you can make to adjust the intake into the cook the two chambers? That is the route I would take.

Just trying to see if it’s possible to cook different cuts of meat at different temps on the same cooker with one firebox is possible or not. Most restaurants will cook them separately, like Franklin, but that’s a 24/7 thing.

Just trying to see if it’s possible to cook different cuts of meat at different temps on the same cooker with one firebox is possible or not.
Most every smoker made on the market has hot zones and colder zones when loaded up with meats. With at least the temp difference you mention.
Those hot/cooler zones can be manipulated.

Back