THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Got one of my corned pork butts going on today and I put some rib tips and ribs in brine last week that I'll pull out later to smoke as well. Done the pastrami butt before and was awesome. Like it even better than normal pulled pork. Haven't done it on pork ribs (beef ribs are awesome as pastrami). Guessing it will taste like the corned butt so we'll find out.

Getting Hunsaker ready. Not too cold, but windy as hell
chtThnTl.jpg

EGoS3zSl.jpg

Butt thawed from the freezer and on about 8:45am
KYk8sfMl.jpg

yPOdUrnl.jpg

x9cEIQHl.jpg

Ribs still in the brine. I will take them out shortly, make more brine and put 4 butts I got at Kroger back into the new. Kroger had a decent buy one get one sale :clap:
WCrJLs7l.jpg

Gotta keep the stash ready as it is too good to not have on hand :-D.

Also made some slaw yesterday for the gathering of the people coming over and will make some beans today as well.

Does the Shirley get lonely? Since you got the drums I don't think I've seen you fire up the beast??

I do use it less with tiny human in tow. He moves and stuff now so even more effort attempting to parent :mrgreen:. Doing our annual charity cook at a comp in March. So will definitely fire it up then :loco:.

Also have a plan to cook the one big 27lb wagyu I still have on it.

I've had pastrami cold cuts before... is that the flavor on these butts and tips?

Back