Bride just told me Dining Out/Entertainment Budget is Zero

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gosh guess a washing machine a Glock 33 her contacts etc etc etc. I try to keep 28$ at least in my pocket- Whataburger emergency fund :))
It’s actually kind of fun when we walk the budgetary straight line like a 0200 DWI Checkpoint. Anyway it’s not like we can’t cook. Threw this together in about an hour or less. Hard part will be whether to layer it in almond flour tortillas, over blue corn tortillas or just in a bowl. Pueblo Green Chile Brisket sirloin purple onion lots of garlic oregano cumino and leftover Anasazi beans.

Last edited:
We decided to meal prep 3 dinners for this week to make our week easy before we leave for vacation. We have 3 meals of tacos.....we love tacos.....

While I do like a Whataburger, that plate looks delicious. Big fan of green chili dishes, just made a pot of pork green chili today with Bueno chiles. Great product.

Oh, and you are wise to listen to your bride.

we almost never go out to eat. the thought of driving to a restaurant, waiting for food, and then getting flavorless food, doesnt excite me.
home cooked any day. a $35 gas burner can make some amazing meals.

we almost never go out to eat. the thought of driving to a restaurant, waiting for food, and then getting flavorless food, doesnt excite me.
home cooked any day. a $35 gas burner can make some amazing meals.

I know it's trendy to bash fast/fast casual food but where the hell are you eating? On that note, my family is currently on a hold on eating out because our 19 month old just can't behave in a restaurant setting at this stage. I remember this stage lasting a few months with our older daughter (3).

I like it... My wife informed me of a $0.00 weapons budget over a year ago...:sad: Last spring I had to trade out my labor for about 18K rounds of ammo since the $0.00 budget included ammo as well. I'm looking forward to see what you do with the blue corn tortillas and the Anasazi beans.

I know it's trendy to bash fast/fast casual food but where the hell are you eating? On that note, my family is currently on a hold on eating out because our 19 month old just can't behave in a restaurant setting at this stage. I remember this stage lasting a few months with our older daughter (3).

if that is the trend I must have missed the memo. the people I know all eat out constantly. they are also paycheck to paycheck but almost CANT stop eating out. I stopped eating out 6 years ago and do not miss it one bit

No Whataburger huh.... Allsup's burritos off the list too? :tape:
Better eats at your house than anything you'll find in a restaurant. Looks delicious Adams! :-D

Today, I picked up the parts to repair our dryer, then off to Costco for a new car battery. While there I blew my whole dining out budget on an all-beef hot dog and a large pop.

My job forces me to eat out quite a bit, since I'm often on the road. I rather enjoy it. I've found some seriously good food all over the country (my most recent favorite is a tiny cafe 40 minutes outside of Pittsburg, where you pay less than a McD's value meal, and get a giant plate of killer food)

When I'm home, I love to do the cooking to offset my eating out on the road. That's one of the things I love the most about getting into smoking. Why cook 1 pork butt, when you can cook 2? It's great to have a lot of food in the freezer that can be thawed and eaten in no time at all. It also gives my girlfriend some real food to eat while I'm gone. Since she will just resort to grabbing drive-through if food isn't convenient.

Also, never quite got the appeal of Whattaburger. I love their breakfast options, but the burgers didn't seem like anything different? Maybe I'm ordering the wrong thing...

Back