Tri tip for fathers day

Nice work! But, a Pirmanti's cheese steak? C'mon man!:p

K3OyWZa_zps2gqcbso6.png

Pretty Awesome setup, sign and tri. Nice

I've got a friend that thin slices leftover tri the next with a horseradish mayo on sour dough biscuits. My left overs get chopped into chunks for chili or green Chile Stew.
Tri tips are fun to cook and excellent to eat. You did that cut proud.

I gotcha! They're quite alright @ 2:30 in the morning. The Chicken Parm at the "O" was always my goto! That place still there? Happy Fathers day BTW! And congrats on the Pens 12th billion cup, if that's your thing!:clap:

One more reason Pittsburgh is the best city in the world! Nice cook go Steeler Nation!

I've got a friend that thin slices leftover tri the next with a horseradish mayo on sour dough biscuits. My left overs get chopped into chunks for chili or green Chile Stew.
Tri tips are fun to cook and excellent to eat. You did that cut proud.

It may be favorite cut of beef now and for $3.30 a pound it's a hell of a deal. Thanks for the ideas. I may be having chili tri tip this week.

I gotcha! They're quite alright @ 2:30 in the morning. The Chicken Parm at the "O" was always my goto! That place still there? Happy Fathers day BTW! And congrats on the Pens 12th billion cup, if that's your thing!:clap:

There is an O in Oakland still. Others have closed. First time I got fries at the O I couldn't believe the pile you got.
Huge Pens fan. I miss hockey already.

Great looking TT Joe! I slice my leftovers thin and make a sandwich on a firm bread like a sourdough. And whenever I make TT, I serve it with a Habanero Lime Crema, sort of like the Horsey sauce with Prime Rib. I put that on the sandwich too...

Habanero Lime Garlic Crema
Time: 10 minutes

- 1/4 cup sour cream or Mexican crema agria ("agria" meaning sour)
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (stems included) depending on how much cilantro flavor you like (optional if you hate cilantro of course)
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1 habanero, rough chopped (habis, as they're affectionately called in our house, are VERY hot. If VERY hot is not your thing, you might try using just an eighth or quarter of the pepper to start.)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 very small clove)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional) Zap everything in a blender for 20 to 30 seconds.

Thanks for the recipe Terry. I wonder how it would be if I swap the habanero's out for jalapeno's or just go less like you said.

I am sure it'd still be alright with a jalapeno instead. Or, try it with a quarter piece the first time and go up or down from there. We use two hab's... :eek:

Back