Workin' the Fiskstone

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
David
The Fiskstone gets better every time I use it.

Tonight - Venison Sausage, Crawfish Boudin, Regular Burgers, and Chorizo Burgers:

picture.php

Thanks dwfisk!

That does look spectacular. I always like to see this stuff at the end of the night so I have something to dream about.

It's a custom designed and built by Brethren dwfisk. I don't know if he's officially named them, but I dubbed mine "The Fiskstone" since there were so many Blackstone threads.

Meat!! Is a fiskstone a custom griddle for the Weber 26.75? Don't think I've ever seen one in the wild.

Way to load that thing up! How is the temp control coming along? I've been experimenting with dumping a fully lit chimney and forming a single layer ring about 4" wide around the outside perimeter. Still heats up fast but the center is not so blazing hot.

Can the coals get enough airflow? That thing looks awesome! Dwfisk; are you making these for the 22.5?

I've used my 26.75 and 22.5 versions quite a bit and never had an airflow issue. I mostly use Stubb's charcoal and it has an initial smoke release on startup that I let clear before spreading the coals and adding the griddle. Yep I can make 26.75 or 22.5 or custom sizes, just shoot me a PM.

How is the temp control coming along?

Dave,

I am doing one fully lit chimney, and then manually adding 10-12 briquettes. I spread them out with tongs along the from 2/3rds of the kettle. I leave the back 1/3rd w/ no coals.

I am running at 350°-400° on the front half and ~300° along the back.

It works great for me.

And Swine Spectator; what's the recipe for the chorizo burgers? Looks tasty!

I bought bulk chorizo from the Ideal Latin Market her in town (pronounced "eye-d-al").

And where's the finished pics?

In ma' belly! :grin:

David

Looks pretty tasty, simple easy cooks win me everytime

Back