Royal Oak briquette Sale

Just checked my local Walmarts and the don't show any briquettes for sale. However, one has RO lump charcoal, 17.6lb bag for $5 and another has the same bag for $6.58.

The stores are about 4 miles apart. Weird...

Oh...and for THOSE of you who are out there...Matchlight 6.2lb bag for $6.88. FYI :)

Just checked my local Walmarts and the don't show any briquettes for sale. However, one has RO lump charcoal, 17.6lb bag for $5 and another has the same bag for $6.58.

I would've bought multiple bags of lump.

Oh...and for THOSE of you who are out there...Matchlight 6.2lb bag for $6.88. FYI :)

holy moly, I just grabbed some RO lump at mine but it was $9 for a 17.6 lb bag. 5$ sounds a lot better.

I got all excited and went to the mart this morning. Saw pallets of Lump in 17.6 bags. Grabbed two carts and headed that way. 9.98 a bag. Needless to say there are still 2 empty carts by those pallets! I'm still sitting on about 150lbs from last years home depot sale, but you can't ever have enough right!

If you guys like royal oak briquettes, academy sells them under their outdoor gourmet brand for pretty cheap. They have a 2 pack that is around 30 lbs I think for 8.99 or a 16.6 lbs for 5.99. I think they put the 16.6 lbs bags on sale sometimes. I think it was April last year that they put them down to $4 for 16.6 lbs

I use RO briquettes, I buy bags at the local base commissary, $5.35 everyday price for a #15.4 bag, almost $3 cheaper than KBB. I feel pretty good now. :grin:

Gotta look

But I don't live in location x!:caked:
I'm in farkin' Jersey.
My Walmart don't have it:mad:

Gotta look... Some walmarts around here have charcoal and wood to. Some have bigger bbq sections than others as well. I will agree that it is frustrating that certain places don't sell charcoal or wood for that matter. Bbq isn't a top priority like it should be in nj I guess

Maybe I have been cooking too much, maybe reading this thread last week did it but last night I had a dream about Royal Oak charcoal being on sale for $1.39 15/lb bag. Now, if I could find brisket on sale like that, that would be a great dream.

I use Stubbs briquettes now and I thought about buying Royal Oak but I wasn't sure. I've never tried Lump but I guess I need too. Everyone seems hot on it...see what I did there?

Back