2 - sliced and chopped whole Jalapeno Peppers
2 - sliced and chopped whole Chili Peppers
1 - 15 oz can Chili Beans
1 - 15 oz can Light Red Kidney Beans
1 - 15 oz can Black Beans
1 - 14.5 oz can Large Diced Tomatoes
1 - 14.5 oz can Stewed Tomatoes
1 - 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
1 - 16.9 oz bottle of favorite cola or 12 oz beer.

Place the Ground Chuck, onion, garlic, peppers, salt and pepper and chili seasoning to brown on your Weber Kettle with your favorite smoking wood, to brown.

20151211_151750.jpg

After the meat is browned, mix in the beans and the tomatos and sause. Let it simmer on your Weber for a few hours and let the smoke soak into the chili.

20151211_154924.jpg

Crack a cold beer, and enjoy.

Sounds like a great chili. Hopefully it will get cold in central Texas soon.

Looks awesome... I've always cooked chili inside on the stove (what do I know!?).

Wondering how much smoke and such will make its way into the chili if I cook on the grill.

Looks awesome... I've always cooked chili inside on the stove (what do I know!?).

Wondering how much smoke and such will make its way into the chili if I cook on the grill.

A lot actually. Brown the meat in your dutch oven with smoking wood first, then add the beans and tomatos and the rest. Every time a bubble pops while simmering the liftle splash captures some smoke and draws it drown into the chili. Keep mixing your chili and sampling it till it's were you like it.
It's the only way I'll make chili any more. Told a friend about it, his family now wants chili once a week, when before they didn't even like chili.

Back