THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yep that works for sure...Hung many of potatoes and brussels and it works great. If you get more hooks to hang the taters closer to the fire they'll cook quicker.

Good looking chow!

That's what I'm talkin about! Work that PBC! :thumb:

I just received the hinged grate today. I'm gonna post some pics in the PBC thread. It looks like it would have worked out for you tonight if you didn't want to have to hang the potatoes. ....

You're enjoying the hell out of that PBC. Nice!!!

Love brussel sprouts on the PBC. :becky:

20131028_184009.jpg

You're enjoying the hell out of that PBC. Nice!!!

Love brussel sprouts on the PBC. :becky:

20131028_184009.jpg

Hey Sako, your food is looking at me :shocked: Lol

To you and TexArlina, how do you cook the brussels? Do you par cook them first or place them in the PBC raw? Any oil and/or seasoning? Thanks!

Brussel sprouts have whipped my tail anytime I've tried to cook them in a grill/smoker.

To you and TexArlina, how do you cook the brussels? Do you par cook them first or place them in the PBC raw? Any oil and/or seasoning? Thanks!

Brussel sprouts have whipped my tail anytime I've tried to cook them in a grill/smoker.

Lmao,

You're not the first one to say that Andrew. :laugh:

As far as the brussel sprouts, I just oil, s&p them raw and hang them. They come out really good with a little char to them but cooked inside. For example, with fish I hang them a little before the fish because they take slightly longer to cook but not by much.

Agree with Sako, this is with just olive oil and S&P but over a fire vs charcoal. It was tasty and didn't take too awful long...just cooked till soft with a little char.

I use fire wires.

LOL! You said that and I went back and looked at your pic. Then I went into my kitchen and opened a couple drawers and found this....lol. :becky:

We'll actually I had to Google firewire skewers first...lol

Attachments

• 20151110_214520.jpg
    20151110_214520.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 82
Wow, awesome cook! Never seen B. Sprouts on a PBC like that. Could you enlighten me on the process of the honey crisp apples... maybe a link. Sounds like a great idea for this fall weather.

I just used some skewers from the home improvement stores. Sako is the skewer king though!

Lol, Thanks Keith! Like I didn't have enough different ones my neighbor gave me some more.

LOL! You said that and I went back and looked at your pic. Then I went into my kitchen and opened a couple drawers and found this....lol. :becky:

We'll actually I had to Google firewire skewers first...lol

There you go! They're perfect for veggies on the PBC. I learned about them when my niece was doing one of those fundraising things at her school and I saw it the catalog. Picked them up naturally. :-D

Because firewire is usually this: :becky:

FireWire400_800.jpg

Back