Remember when "leftovers" was an ugly word??

Never a left over in this house. If food remains after a meal, it is because it was planned that way. Planned Aheads, not leftovers.:mrgreen:

It's just really tough for the wife and I to consume a 12# brisket at one setting.:laugh:

^^^ I know the feeling.
Leftover brisket is pretty danged fine. :-D

It's just really tough for the wife and I to consume a 12# brisket at one setting.:laugh:

Sounds like my house. I normally have brisket every way you can think of for about a week straight. Breakfast burritos is my favorite!

Looks great!
We never had leftovers as a kid - like man said, if there was anything leftover it was intentional -my mom had plans for it at another meal.
Once I got married and was in charge of meals, I was not a fan of left overs, but as I got older I saw the wisdom of left overs and once we started Q'ing never minded leftovers.

During the nice weather i cook up briskets, eat some as leftovers, and freeze the rest. The frozen stock pile becomes my strategic brisket reserve for the colder months.

During the nice weather i cook up briskets, eat some as leftovers, and freeze the rest. The frozen stock pile becomes my strategic brisket reserve for the colder months.
This. Also pork butts, ribs, etc.
With us though, the seasons are flipped. We tend to cook the slow stuff less in summer when it is so hot, and more in the winter, of which we have very little.:becky:

"Strategic brisket reserve":laugh:

I'm voting we recommend this as a subsidiary function for Fort Knox, since the gold doesn't matter so much anymore.

When I was growing up, and even now, leftovers are typical in our house, no one has ever had an issue with it. I did have a buddy of mine though, at his house anything left from a meal went in the trash, it didn't matter what it was or how much, I saw them toss out hams and turkeys and all kinds of stuff, I always thought that was nuts!

KC

At our house growing up, anything left over was served again the next meal, or the next day until it was all gone. No such thing as throwing any food out unless it was ruined while cooking, which was rarer than hen's teeth. Perhaps that has something to do with the size of my more than ample buttoxx. :oops:

Omar

My take is the same, "Planned Aheads". Sometimes when I would get on a roll, I would spend an entire day cooking several main course items, just to be portioned up for lunches for the month. Then after that much cooking, go get a Whatburger!

If you don't eat it the same day you cook it, it is never a leftover! :thumb:

Mike "Dodis"

Back