30 lb Chuck Rollin'- PSB in large format

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
I love Pepper Stout Beef so I decided to run it as a special this weekend to see if my customers agree

started with a 30 lb choice chuck roll, no injections, just a quick trim and a good amount of my beef rub. this is a 24"x48" table, so yeah, its a big hunk of beef
1.jpg

from there it went into the smoker, I assumed a long cook to make sure I was ready for dinner on friday. At about 24 hours I pulled it and panned it with onions, peppers, worch, and the brewery's stout, fresh out of a keg
2.jpg

at around hours 26 it was starting to be where I wanted it
3.jpg

and at hour 28 it was glorious, melted in my hands
4.jpg

I separated out the O/P and gave people the choice of having the beef without them, 95% wanted the full experience
image1.jpg

It was served on a 6" toasted sub roll smothered on our Mac and Cheese sauce. it went over very well, this will happen again.
image2.jpg

Son of a pup, you put Mac-n-Cheese sauce on that??? Brilliant!!

I'm glad to see things are working out for you brother! Let me know when you're down this way again.

Wow Shenco! :shock: That is an amazing pile of beef! Did you run Hoss by yourself for the entire 28 hours? I hope you had some help...

Wow Shenco! :shock: That is an amazing pile of beef! Did you run Hoss by yourself for the entire 28 hours? I hope you had some help...

The smoker runs from Thursday evening to Saturday night anyway, so all I needed to was start it earlier on Thursday. I have a stoker on it, it was within a few degrees the entire cook, except when I opened the door to check on it. I fed it white oak spits for the first 10-12 hours, after that I let the hardwood lump take it from there

Son of a pup, you put Mac-n-Cheese sauce on that??? Brilliant!!

I'm glad to see things are working out for you brother! Let me know when you're down this way again.

Will do bud. I've been working on a new park project over your way, a nature preserve on the Catawba, right off wilkenson behind the old weigh station

Back