THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

entdoc

Found some matches.
Im narrowing down my choices and would appreciate any advice or comments:
both are gravity fed smokers.

Myron mixon V33 vs. Humpreys GF Tank II wide

600lbs ----- 700+
cook chamber 45.57"x28.28"x30.15" --------- 30.25"x22.5"x25"
holds 2 hotel pans: yes -------- yes
$$$$ $4995 ---------- $5520
6 racks ----------- 3 racks 22"x29" 18 locations
water pan at bottom ------------- water pan at bottom vertical insulated Reverse Flow

Last edited:
I got no dog in the hunt that said, You get more pit (cook space) for your $ with a Mixon but MM reminds me of a used car salesman or That certain BIL that you only see at Christmas.

Deep South GC36 for that price. 4 inches of insulation around the charcoal shoot makes a huge difference in prefomance. Also 12 ga steel inside and out vs 16 guage. 1/2 inch steel around the firebox and 1/4 inch on the rest of the charcoal shoot. Racks are 35 1/2 by 23. It weights 850 pounds

Deep South GC36 for that price. 4 inches of insulation around the charcoal shoot makes a huge difference in prefomance. Also 12 ga steel inside and out vs 16 guage. 1/2 inch steel around the firebox and 1/4 inch on the rest of the charcoal shoot. Racks are 35 1/2 by 23. It weights 850 pounds

Here are some Humphrey's construction facts for comparison:

*entire cavity of the chute is stuffed with Humphreys special formulated mil spec insulation able to withstand 1400 degrees.
*the chute is made from an 8" x 3/8" wall round pipe
* 11 gauge steel construction with 3/8" in the fire box area.

The reverse flow system has proven to provide either dry or wet heat while maintaining unbelievable even temperatures.

Don't take my word for it, join Humphreys User group on FB and ask other GF tank users what their experience is.

be careful...some people get offended when u say one brand of smokers is better than the other......:crazy:

entdoc You're the guy that's gonna cook on it and it's your cash buy what YOU want and be happy. We do have an ignore button here.

Both are quality products and do cost a good amount of money. Owners of both talk about how well built they are and how well they hold temp etc.

I would look at the cooking space for the money and go from there.

I tried to reformat it to no avail, so here is a pic:

chart.PNG

Last edited:
I have to second the Deep South recommendation. I've had mine for a year now, and quality and performance second to none. Also great customer service, winning contestants, and truly beautiful.

You guys don't make it easy, now also considering the stumps stretch and one of the Deep South smokers........the search continues

There are a lot of great smokers in your price range, I'd add Spicewine and Backwoods to your list.

Since you're in Tulsa you might look for a manufacture closer to you to cut down on the shipping costs. I think Spicewine is made in the St. Louis area and Backwoods are made in Louisiana.

Back