THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Howdy Brethren !

Yesterday i got to cook on a south african braai again at our friends from comfort trade in holland.

file.php

We cooked some nice american beef tri tip served with chimichurri and a rack of duroc and iberico pork wich were seasoned with mafia coffee rub. Also cooked some nice mediterranean potatoes with arugula, roasted almonds and parmesan and some fresh grilled pita bread.

Cooking on the braai was great fun again and the food was out of this world ! :grin:

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

So long,

DM

combination stove/ fireplace, pretty cool, does it have doors that can turn it into a air tight wood stove?

The food looks real good, that thing cooks meat well.

It does have doors to close the unit but thats only for when its not in use. otherwise you would choke the fire.
There are 2 drawers below the charcoal though and you can use those to cook as in a small oven with the heat from above.

DM

lawwwdy.

Sometimes I can't tell if you guys are sometimes better cooks or photographers, because you are really tops at both.

That cooker is amazing. That cook is amazing. Those photographs are amazing. Did I mention it's all amazing?

Looks really good! The pitas are something I've yet to make yet.

I do them all the time and its very easy and so damn good.
I just make a dough pretty similiar to pizza dough, make balls and let the rise a bit. Stretch the dough and flatten it out with my hands, baste with butter and put over medium heat with the buttered side down. After a couple of minutes i butter the top side, flip over and season the grilled side with kosher salt and some herbs or a nice rub.
Butter and flip once again and season the other side and then cook until finished.

DM

Back