A little bit nervous.

SD_Smoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Now I will preface this by saying I KNOW I am over thinking this but I just want to get some insight from all of you here.

I ordered my first Wagyu brisket from SRF for a cook this weekend. It was not cheap....not by a long shot but I have never done one so I figured now was a good time. For some reason I am pretty nervous about cooking it simply because I have read that Wagyu cooks a bit different as well as how much it cost if I mess it up. Anyone have any words of wisdom on these for someone who hasn't cooked a chunk of his wallet yet?

My normal process:

s&p & garlic powder OR Oakridge Black Ops & beef broth injection
oak & hickory at 230-250
wrap at 165'ish or when color is right
pull at 195 or the "feel" is there

Pretty sure your method will turn out a great brisket... but I ain't promising a thing with that kinda $$ spent on a hunk'o'meat ;-)

I plan on buying/smoking my 1st SRF brisket soon... so I am anxious to see your method/result.

If I were in your shoes, I'd also call SRF and pick their brain. They've been selling/cooking these bad-boys for some time now.

Now I will preface this by saying I KNOW I am over thinking this but I just want to get some insight from all of you here.

I ordered my first Wagyu brisket from SRF for a cook this weekend. It was not cheap....not by a long shot but I have never done one so I figured now was a good time. For some reason I am pretty nervous about cooking it simply because I have read that Wagyu cooks a bit different as well as how much it cost if I mess it up. Anyone have any words of wisdom on these for someone who hasn't cooked a chunk of his wallet yet?

My normal process:

s&p & garlic powder OR Oakridge Black Ops & beef broth injection
oak & hickory at 230-250
wrap at 165'ish or when color is right
pull at 195 or the "feel" is there

It will finish earlier than a choice or select.. Personally, I would not inject a beauty like that, there's plenty of moisture there already, but that's just a matter of personal preference. Stick with what ya know and just start checking it earlier that you normally would. Can't wait to see how it comes out!

Yeah, I was leaning away from the injection on this one just because of how much marbling is already there. The previous Prime briskets I did came out really really good so I'm hoping for the same.

Thank you guys so much for the input! KISS is my approach...I will post up pics as I go for sure.

Back