Ribs, Sausage, ABT's, and Spicy Coleslaw (Pron)

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I went to the garage fridge the other day and the wife had surprised me and bought some St. Louis style ribs. I pulled them out of the deep freeze and into the fridge to thaw. Started the WSM with KBB and a big chunk of apple wood. Rubbed the ribs and threw them on the smoker for about 3 total hours at 280*ish (1.75 - .5 - .5).

While that was cooking, I made some basic ABT's (cream cheese and cheddar cheese filling), and grilled them on the gasser. I guess I over stuffed them a bit, as they started oozing out.

I also made some spicy coleslaw with cabbage, carrots, two jalapenos, a sweet apple, and a dressing of mayo, milk, vinegar, salt, sugar, and Slap Yo Momma seasoning. Might have wanted to make that one jalapeno as it was pretty spicy, but had the sweet from the apple and the cool, creamy sauce.

As a second protein, I smoked some Eckhert brand Jalapeno and Cheddar sausages to 165*. I used to love my sausages charred, but I am starting to like how juicy these stay at this temp.

Thanks for looking. Enjoy...

Attachments

• ribs1.jpg
    ribs1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs2.jpg
    ribs2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs3.jpg
    ribs3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs4.jpg
    ribs4.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs5.jpg
    ribs5.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 243
  • ribs6.jpg
    ribs6.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 243
  • ribs7.jpg
    ribs7.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs8.jpg
    ribs8.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs9.jpg
    ribs9.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 244
  • ribs10.jpg
    ribs10.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 244
Thanks. I think the knowledge I have learned here has me getting close to perfect ribs...

Thanks Billy. It was and will be tomorrow too...

I would kill that plate. :thumb:

Actually, just the food, you can have the plate back when I'm done. :-D

Nice way to get some heat in your coleslaw too. I use mustard powder and hot sauce for heat in mine. I may just try a batch with the jalapenos in addition to what I already do. Thanks!

Thanks y'all...

Those ribs look perfect. Nice crust, moist and texture right. How did you misure Cooking T?

I think you mean cooking temperature? If so, I was using my Maverick ET-733 on the smoker. I was shooting for around 275* and she just kinda settle around 284*...

The therm on my gasser is actually pretty spot on. :shock:

Thanks Toast. Looks almost as good as your steaks... :mrgreen:

Back