What meat is best with Cherry wood?

rheinlander

Found some matches.
I have some cherry wood I've been dying to use. Any recommendations on the best meat to cook with it? I've had pork tenderloin on my mind.

A - All meats

Cherry wood is a great smoking wood. It has a mild smoke profile. The one thing with it, is it will give a dark red color to the meats.

I have used it on beef, pork, chicken, venison and it is good stuff.

A - All meats

Cherry wood is a great smoking wood. It has a mild smoke profile. The one thing with it, is it will give a dark red color to the meats.

I have used it on beef, pork, chicken, venison and it is good stuff.

What he said.

Yeah try it with anything. Sometimes cherry can turn things a little darker in color, but I love it.

smoked a turkey last year with mesquite then hit it the last hour with cherry...it was fabulous and smells great!

I mix Cherry with different woods, and use it on everything. I love the taste it gives and I always get a darker smoke ring when I use it. I love the appearance that the Cheery wood gives.

One of my favorite mixes is Cherry, Hickory and Apple.

I used cherry with some lamb

WP_20140427_15_51_08_Pro_zps4f64b383.jpg

My go to wood for Pork, and Chicken/Turkey. I sometimes mix in a little other woods but mostly just Cherry Pork, and Chicken/Turkey.

To kick it up a level, try some John Henry Cherry Chipotle rub on your pork, and smoke it with cherry wood. I catered lunch for 40 yesterday and ued the JH rub on mu pork butt - people noticed the difference and said it was the best I had done ( I cater for these people once a month). Now I/, trying to come up with my own cherry rub.

I like cherry wood with pork, but have had excellent results with chicken as well.

Back