Best Store Bought Sausage?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Dinner Sausage, Kielbasha or what have you........I've always bought the cheap stuff........there was a lil BBQ I used to stop at on way to Houston off 45 some where's that had a Texas Made Sausage I liked but I don't remember the brand? :cry: So what y'all like - store bought - cuz I ain't making no Sausage. :mrgreen:

We get fancy hand made sausages out here now, so I rarely buy commercial brands. But, Johnsonville was one of the brands I liked. I'll cop to the fact that I actually like Hillshire Farms Kielbasa smoked for a bit.

Slovacek garlic. Can't get it up here but when in central and SE Texas I buy a cooler full.

Colosimo's sausage in Utah when I lived there for a bit. It's a local company and they have a storefront or two plus they supplied the local supermarket's etc. Really great sausage for a store bought.

You can order from them online though. http://www.colosimosausage.com/

We have a really nice local family brand called "Nettle's", but I'm pretty sure it is only available in a 75 mile radius.

Cool keep them coming and any cooking fixin tips- Dishes or recipes - I'm gonna try a few out. :grin:

Last edited:
Woody's Smokehouse on I-45 in Centerville. They make an awesome German sausage. I pick up a five pound bag of it on a regular basis. It is really good sausage. Their jerky and meat sticks are good, too. It started off as a Shell station that sold smoked meats. Now, it's practically a landmark.

CD

I would look at local butcher shops. Some of the finest sausage around comes from those places. Certainly the amount of care and pride in those products is at a higher level than mass produced commercial sausage. I make my own fresh and cured sausage most of the time, so I am not much help here for ya. Dry cured is about the only thing I don't dabble with.

H.E.B. if you have one by you. They make a fresh sausage in-house. They also make fresh brats.

Back