THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NJ2 BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
there are 2 bbq events close to home this weekend. trying to decide which one to go see. up in smoke on the square in lincoln il or the blues and bbq event in springfield il.

The one in Lincoln is KCBS the one in Springfield is not. I guess it depends on what you want to do.
Lincoln also has the Balloon fest going on at the airport. I believe a band playing Friday night at the airport. The BBQ contest is downtown on the square. Also on the square is a art and wine fair I believe. Just off the square a block south is a Craft/flea market going on. So a lot happening in Lincoln.

Now downtown Sprignfield has the BBQ and Blues festival going on. I think the music starts at 3:00 pm and goes until around 10. It does cost to get in. I think $10.00 per person.

Both places will have BBQ vendors setup so you can purchase BBQ. Which ever one you decide to go to check out Twyford's BBQ. They will have a vending trailer setup at both events.

Personally I will be at Lincoln judging Saturday but I think I will go over on Friday and visit with some of the teams.

Back