Amaz-n-tube and Cold Smoking in Kamados

Don't see why it couldn't work. I've used my maze using the GOSM, Kettle and Cajun Bandit Performer as smoke chambers at various times depending on my needs.

I will be letting you know as soon as mine arrives.

I met Milt at the Evergreen Eggfest and he was demo'ing the 6" tubes in Big Green Eggs, got some of his pellets and they smell fantastic!

http://miltsgourmetbbqpellets.com/

You know? I just realized a ceramic might actually be the best thing for warmer climes like Memphis. When using ice to cool when air temps are above 90 a ceramic would hold the temp a LOT better unless you had an insulated smoker...

Temps are why I only cold smoker in autumn/winter. It's nice having a seasonal product though. I use one of these things, it's a UK made alternative but it burns wood dust so it's a bit more adaptable and will burn for a lot longer http://www.macsbbq.com/cold-smoker-usa

I get 11-12 hours of burn time from less than 100g (3.5oz) of wood dust

I have an insulated charcoal smoker, but for cold smoking I use the A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker.

Works great all by itself, no need for the charcoal for cold smoking of food items.

It would be interesting to see if you could cold smoke some Brie in - 15 F in an Alberta winter. I guessing you would get cold smoked Brie that's flash frozen to seal in the flavour. :mrgreen:

**6" A-Maze-N-Tube Smoker in a Large Big Green Egg**

I said I'd report back, so here is my first taste of the 6" A-Maze-N-Tube Smoker.

About a third of a tube loaded with Milt's Apricot-Rosemary flavored pellets

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Let it burn for @ 10 minutes

IMG_0385.jpg

Then set it on the ring to flavor some Red & Yellow potatoes roasting over Charcos Coconut Shell briqs.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

This was unbelievable! The rosemary scent filled the Egg and the potatoes soaked it up! Short cook @ 350* for 40 minutes, but it worked great!

I said I'd report back, so here is my first taste of the 6" A-Maze-N-Tube Smoker.

About a third of a tube loaded with Milt's Apricot-Rosemary flavored pellets

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Let it burn for @ 10 minutes

IMG_0385.jpg

Then set it on the ring to flavor some Red & Yellow potatoes roasting over Charcos Coconut Shell briqs.

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

This was unbelievable! The rosemary scent filled the Egg and the potatoes soaked it up! Short cook @ 350* for 40 minutes, but it worked great!

I already purchased an Amaz 'n' Tube last week. We'll have to see how it works in the Joe. I bought the 18 inch one.

Back