Balsamic marinated tritip

beercuer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Greetings again all.

Like many of you, I am a huge fan of tritip. May I first present my "chunk o' lump" method (mesquite), and I cooked indirect.

tritiptacos_mesqlump_zps2600b870.jpg

Marinated the roast with light olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, and coarse S&P

tritiptacos_roastmarinade_zps54bd547c.jpg

On to the pit from start to finish

tritiptacos_roaststart_zps676e2079.jpg

tritiptacos_roastfinish_zpsae9f753c.jpg

And of coarse the sliced up pic. More than met the approval of my taste buds. I look to incorporate the leftovers into my hot tacos. Nuttin' like tritip tacos either.

tritiptacos_sliced_zps6ed7cf0f.jpg

incredibly gorgeous. May I say that this is how I marinate my grocery labeled "London Broils" then cook them like a sirloin. balsamic and olive oil have an effect on thick beef I believe is spiritual.

incredibly gorgeous. May I say that this is how I marinate my grocery labeled "London Broils" then cook them like a sirloin. balsamic and olive oil have an effect on thick beef I believe is spiritual.

Thanks guys!

And Amen. Yes, definitely something extra special about such marinade. I, too, luv the "London Broils"-- superb flavor!

Super job. I like to marinate them in Italian dressing as well. Great cut of meat.
jed

That looks fantastic. Can you give some additional details for the marinate?

Thanks again, everyone!

DerHusker and Popeye, the way I do it is begin with a good rub down of light (not EVOO) olive oil. Then I pour a little aged balsamic vinegar over that (don't need too much since the stuff is expensive), and roll it around on the marinating plate to work it in a little bit. Lastly I hit it with kosher salt and coarse ground pepper. 45 minutes is enough time to produce the desired effect, but it's certainly okay to go several hours if desired. I also pour the excess marinade from the plate over the roast when I place it on the cooking grate. :-D

Last edited:
DAYUM....that looks incredible.

I HATE that I can't find tri tip around here more readily. :mmph:

Thanks again, everyone!

DerHusker and Popeye, the way I do it is begin with a good rub down of light (not EVOO) olive oil. Then I pour a little aged balsamic vinegar over that (don't need too much since the stuff is expensive), and roll it around on the marinating plate to work it in a little bit. Lastly I hit it with kosher salt and coarse ground pepper. 45 minutes is enough time to produce the desired effect, but it's certainly okay to go several hours if desired. I also pour the excess marinade from the plate over the roast when I place it on the cooking grate. :-D

So no bag or plastic wrap and just eye ball everything. Got it and thanks.

It's not overcooked. That is a huge plus!

I cry when I see pics of overcooked beef. That looks wonderful.

Back