Scored an 18" WSM the other day.

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Popped up on CL for $90. Date code DO, 2005. Took the 45 min ride to check it out. I paid $80 for it and when I got to cleaning it, I realized I probably should've tried to pay closer to $60 because it's not exactly the nicest one ever, but hey, now I've got me a WSM. :thumb:

Dent in the lid and the brackets that hold the water pan are farked up so the guy installed a few bolts to hold the water pan. He also drilled a hole in it for a temp probe. I might try and find a grommet for that.

She ain't brand new but she's mine.

Gonna do some ribs here at work tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.

DSCF3433.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

Nice work! That is a great price for an 18" WSM. What are you going to cook up first on there?

Jim and Clark are right.

Treat her right bub, I guarantee she'll love you back :grin:

Dave

It's seen some rough treatment but nothing that will compromise how it works. If this is your first WSM, welcome to the club! :thumb:

As far as baby back ribs, I hung them the last time I made them. Otherwise I trim four bones from the end of each rack to fit them on the grates. I sometimes use these mini four bone racks to test different rubs or even do them in the mini-WSM with different smoke wood or make other changes to the process.

Seems like a pretty decent price! ..... She looks pretty clean & will be a bit less clean after this weekend :clap2:

Wise. Do you pinwheel them on a 18"?

Well, I'm not sure to be honest. We'll find out later today.

It's seen some rough treatment but nothing that will compromise how it works. If this is your first WSM, welcome to the club! :thumb:

As far as baby back ribs, I hung them the last time I made them. Otherwise I trim four bones from the end of each rack to fit them on the grates. I sometimes use these mini four bone racks to test different rubs or even do them in the mini-WSM with different smoke wood or make other changes to the process.

Yep, my first WSM. The hanging trick looks cool I might have to look into that for the future. I was thinking I'm going to have to cut them in half but I like the 4 bone mini rack idea too. Thanks.

Great score! when in doubt offer a lower price, if he goes for it great, if not hand him his asking price or walk away if you don't think it's worth it.
I offered $80 for a Platinum that he was asking $100 for it, he took the $80:becky:

Back