CL score

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Found this puppy on CL Chicago for $5...I just had to give it a good home. Here it is after a good cleaning with a damp paper towel, and had to de-rust the cooking grate. Used a vinegar/water (1:1) soak with some scrubbing.
still missing one of the wooden handles...we'll just add that to my "to do" list :tsk:
IMG_20130223_133011_zps2f6ec765.jpg

Had to get it dirty as soon as I could, so I did some chicken leg quarters for lunch. Kept it simple...just a little bit of rub (homemade), cooked indirect with RO lump and a couple of chunks of cherry:
IMG_20130224_113152_zps7b7021c3.jpg

nice simple lunch...good flavor. :thumb:
IMG_20130224_124327_zpsa2ae6999.jpg

Nice! Congrats on the $5 WGA... and welcome to the club! Great little cookers! What year is it from?

Great score! Chicago huh? Like no good Weber deals ever come up on WI Craigslists!
You and I get most of those.
That's a pretty old WGA as it has the two rivets to hold the handle on. You'll need to find someone that makes those, cause you can't get 'em from Weber.

Nice! Congrats on the $5 WGA... and welcome to the club! Great little cookers! What year is it from?

I didn't even catch that it was a two rivet WGA... that makes it at least an "A"-1979... welcome to the "A" club:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148737
--haven't looked for the date code yet...I'll have to do that tonight

You and I get most of those.
That's a pretty old WGA as it has the two rivets to hold the handle on. You'll need to find someone that makes those, cause you can't get 'em from Weber.

...that's why I had to widen my net a bit :grin: that, and I was planning to be there anyway, so I figured I'd give it a quick look. guess that worked out for me :thumb:

and the chicken was pretty good...even turned the leftovers into pot pies (gluten/dairy free) for dinner:

IMG_20130224_173544_zpseb375d75.jpg

Matt, if you tailgate with a Smokey Joe I think you'll like the Go-Anywhere. I switched last year and am happy with how the G-A cooks a line of brats.

I'm headed up to Wyttenbach's this afternoon to pick up a split beef half...

Matt, if you tailgate with a Smokey Joe I think you'll like the Go-Anywhere. I switched last year and am happy with how the G-A cooks a line of brats.

I'm headed up to Wyttenbach's this afternoon to pick up a split beef half...

nice! I'm hoping to pick up a half hog from Wyttenbach's when I get my tax return.

Back