Blues Hog

ymmiT

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I found some Blues Hog at my local supermarket (Cub Foods) and I picked up some Tennessee Red. I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about, but what should I try it on first? Ribs, chicken, pulled pork?

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk 2

Mix the BH and TR 50:50 and try it on chicken.

DAMN...you found it at Cub? Note to self....stop at Cub tomorrow......

Ok, you force me to release a part of one of my secrets.

BBQ a chucky, slice it against the grain, then chop it. Mix in 1 part Kraft original BBQ sauce (yeah, that's right, Kraft original) and 2 parts TR. you will need only about 1/4 to 1/3 cup maximum of the final mix.

Put the beef on bread, sprinkle on your favorite hot sauce and top with cole slaw.

Wow! That's good stuff!

In Apple Valley

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk 2

I'll check the Rochester store tomorrow. If not, I'm making a trip up to Restaurant Depot on Saturday and will swing through Apple Valley.

Tennessee Red is my go-to on ribs. Love it!

I use Regular on Burnt ends and it is especially nifty on the hot hot hot burnt ends mixed with Habanero Death Dust, Rooster, and a touch of butter.

One more vote for the Original and TR mix. Have also found that a LITTLE of either mixes well with tomato based sauces.

Go to Quetopia if your in the Cities. He carries everything you wont find in a grocery store. Its like Guitar Center for BBQ

I think TR is disgusting IMO. Leave that for southerners

Put your TR on pulled pork.

+1

The TR is pretty spicy and vinegary. It's pretty strong by itself, which is why a lot of folks mix it 50/50 with original. If you are going to use it solo, I'd go with pulled pork. I think the PP pairs well with both vinegar and heat. (it has crushed red pepper flakes in it). I think it may be a bit much with chicken or ribs alone. Just my opinion.

Yep the Cubs around us has it too! I must be in the minority though and didn't care much for it. I need to try the Tennesee Red though at some point.

Of course....just checked.....Cub in Rochester doesn't have it (Unless they hid it somewhere other than the bbq sauce section).

Back