THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AJP

Full Fledged Farker
I have a 1998 (EZ) Weber Performer. Currently the propane connection is a quick connect that connects to a small 5lb propane bottle. The bottle is now out date and needs to be re-certified to be used but nobody around me does that. I would rather just use the small disposable bottles that I use for my camp stove. If that wont work I would be happy to just use the 20lb bottle off my gas grill. Either way I can't seem to find the adapter I need. Also the grill has the male end, the bottle has the female end

I have a 1998 (EZ) Weber Performer. Currently the propane connection is a quick connect that connects to a small 5lb propane bottle. The bottle is now out date and needs to be re-certified to be used but nobody around me does that. I would rather just use the small disposable bottles that I use for my camp stove. If that wont work I would be happy to just use the 20lb bottle off my gas grill. Either way I can't seem to find the adapter I need. Also the grill has the male end, the bottle has the female end

Lowes, Home Depot, all carry various propane adapters..

Also try doitbest.com for various adapters...

I was hoping someone could point me to the exact thing I need. You would think Weber would have something.

send a picture of the "threads" and the "quick connect" so we know exactly what you are talking about.

It doesn't have any threads on the grill side, just the male quick connect adapter. Looks like this.

tyE6W.jpg

I would like to find an adapter to connect that to a disposable bottle.

Weber customer support should be able to help you. Bought my Genesis over 15 years ago, and when the industry changed fittings, they sent me the new one no charge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't have any threads on the grill side, just the male quick connect adapter. Looks like this.

I would like to find an adapter to connect that to a disposable bottle.

It looks like the threads are either 1/4 or 3/8 pipe threads.

If you want to use a 20lb tank, looks like you you need to buy a regulator which has the tank connector attached and the other side of the regulator has a hose with pipe threads, simply thread them together with a coupling.

If you want to use disposable 1 lb tanks look at one of these..

Throw Away Adapter with 1/4" Pipe threads
imagerequest.aspx

or quick disconnect adapter with 1/4" pipe threads http://www.doitbest.com/Gas+heaters+and+logs-Mr+Heater+Corp-model-F276330-doitbest-sku-424587.dib
imagerequest.aspx

Back