Lollypop chicken legs ??

NavarreQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Were thinking of trying some chicken lollypops at an event later in the year in the FBA. Couple of questions, A: is this considered sculpting ?? B: Anyone had any luck with this in the past ??.C: how quick do the suckers dry out ?? lol.. We have been cooking eating them for a awhile and their pretty dang good... and I think they would present very well...any input would be greatly appreciated....lol..we have even stuffed them in the past with jambalaya !!! very good to eat there but a pain in the butt X 10 to prep. Thanks !!

Not a 100 % on the sculpting but I would say no because they allow it on ptmasters and they follow contest rules pretty good. Yes they are very good but Im way to scared to go against the grain like that. Thighs are what the judges are expecting to see. I have heard of a few people trying them but have not heard anyone say they made the top 3 with them. If you do try them just don't forget to wrap the bones very good so they don't burn and then before you turn them in moisten the bone somehow so they don't look so dry. keep us posted. Happy smoking!

there have been a couple of threads on here with boxes of them done. I say check those out and read the comments. Has getting 6 perfect chicken thighs gotten too easy for you?

Back