THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U

UDS808

Just in case anyone was thinking of calling Weber for this.
Aloha,
I know we can with some patience find BBQ lids to fit the drums on Craig's list or from a friend, but I decided to try and call Webers replacement parts #1-800-446-1071 and I was fortunate enough to get a very nice lady named Paula located in their Wisconsin office. I explained that my 22.5" lid had been damaged and she was able to give me a price of $25 + $7 S&H to Hawaii. Since she took the time and the price for a new black lid was reasonable even with the shipping, I decided to proceed with the order. I know there's always a used ones out there ready for the landfill and I have found them. I actually have one that's in my photobucket that's in great shape and got that whole grill for $25, but in the event that you want a NEW lid, they're definitely available from weber. I hope you are lucky enough to get Paula, as she was amusing, helpful and a pleasant surprise for the customer service arena. Too many times, I know we all have encountered the wicked whitch of wherever that just makes us want to hang up and say, IT'S NOT WORTH THE HASSLE, I'LL JUST FIX IT MYSELF, but Paula was a diamond in the rough.
Note to all: if you do go this route and you are looking for the 22.5" lid with thermometer, look up the BBQ in their site so when you speak to whoever, you're able to tell them you have the model that requires that replacement lid. Paula was unable to change my order since I told her what model I had already. Doesn't make sense, but that's how it went today. The lids come in two shades of blue, green, black. Sorry for the novel, but figured this was a good find for those looking for a new lid and hadn't made the call yet.
I'm not sure, but i got the feeling that if I had just told her I wanted a lid for a project, she might not have sold me the lid so, since I did have that grill, I simply massaged the truth a bit. Sorry Paula.
Hope to hear if anyone has as good an experience as I did today.
BTW, more pics posted on www.photobucket.com/UDSbyScott
Can anyone tell me how I can post this website in my signature so I dont have to keep writing it in my posts?
Oh..what's the latest greatest plans for a UDS. I've got enough parts, but need to make sure I've got the latest best set up for the most effective BBQ, smoker combo so I don't have to build two for myself. I am planning on two builds, but one will be a gift. Just not sure for who yet...

Aloha,
Scott
Waianae, Hawaii

To edit your signature, click on the User CP link in the menu bar near the top right of the page then click on the Edit Signature link about halfway down on the left side of the following page.

Back