• Hog breakdown & Rotisserie by the sea (pr0nographic)

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Did this the other day and I thought you guys might approve :becky::thumb::heh: **Might be slightly graphic for some**

I got a decent deal on a nice small 60 pound pig... I knew I was heading to the country for the weekend and a nice roast would be in order so I jumped on it. I'll be selling the hams so hopefully I'd at least make back some of the cash. I LOVE roasters this size... Always so tender. Thought I'd share how it all went down:

For those that have never broken down a pig, it's pretty straight forward once you know a couple steps. This is how I do it... (VERY briefly)

I begin by taking off the hams (these will be cured). Start the cut right where the leg meets the belly and go straight towards the spine. Cut through the spine with a sharp cleaver.

84a67f4b.jpg

34231082.jpg

Then take off the front section (picnic ham & boston butt) I count 4 ribs back and cut through there right along the rib to the spine. Again use a sharp cleaver to get through the bone:

cd5d0797.jpg

3e3765d2.jpg

And you're left with the midsection (belly/ribs & loins/ribs) which is where my weekend's roast comes into play. To cut off the the spares/belly, cut straight across the belly right where the "chop" starts to thin out. Then down the length of the spine with a sharp cleaver if you have a straight hard or with a saw.

However, I took the midsection and deboned it of the spine and ribs. I removed one side of the belly and we have this...
*fast forward to the weekend by the sea*:

859de7f7.jpg

Gave it a rub of my jerk wet rub then rolled & tied it:
c6924a6f.jpg

1553cc2d.jpg

1f394668.jpg

I got my rotisserie all jerry rigged up! :thumb::becky:
7b9a9ccd.jpg

I took the roast out of the fridge to come to up room temp for a little and I figured I'd at least let it see the sea before it got devoured as a gesture of my appreciation... :heh::thumb: It was a great day.
c221fa7d.jpg

aa504792.jpg

Then on to the fire it went... :hungry:
5f551e79.jpg

31f6f8b8.jpg

07b669d9.jpg

Had a great sunset with a "couple" Appleton Reserve & coconut waters with friends to pass the time.
acc8a3fe.jpg

31e9c9e2.jpg

Didn't look too shabby at all by the time it was ready to come off: :wink:
a1da03e1.jpg

341e791c.jpg

All sliced up & ready to serve...
f34d20eb.jpg

We had it simply with boiled corn & roasted sweet potato...

02954991.jpg

It was SO good. Juicy & tender! Nine of us devoured the entire thing!!! Destroyed it!!! :becky::becky: Can't wait to get a chance to do this again!! But for now... it's back to reality!!! :mmph::heh:

Thanks for lookin' :becky:
Cheers

Thanks for cookin :becky: What lucky friends you have!

Love the cooking method. Just tell em, "Welcome to JackStand BBQ!"

Now that's worthy to be on a short list of a condemned man's final meal.

Heck.... got me working up the nerve for a hog again.

Yowzer!
What a great day, fab food frastie and makes all of us wish we wuz there!

That is really a nice meal! You have some nice digs there also. You sir are blessed.

That looks fantastic! I think you put a little strain on the rotisserie skewer.

Openly salivating WOW Thanks for the Tutorial. What a beautiful location The meal looks perfect Awesome

Awesome photos of awesome looking food in an awesome location. I'm in awe!

Words can't describe how jealous I am. That looks awesome! You just can't beat the scenery for that cook. Those Appleton's look pretty darn good too! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dude, you're killing me here. That looks awesome and the setting can't be beat. Major jealousy here.

Back