I'm down to 3 smokers...help me decide!

hogzgonewild

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
OK guys, you have never steered me wrong...so I'm asking for help again.

I am selling my Bubba Grills 250-R today, and originally I was going to go get another 250-R on a wider trailer, but with the lack of sleep at the previous competitions, and watching Bub-Ba-Q walk up on stage for the last 2 comps, I'm looking at the Insulated Cabinet Smokers now.

I'm stuck between the Stumps Classic, Stumps Stretch, and Superior SS-One. These are the 3 I like, and was almost set on the Superior SS-One, but I've been doing math on the Stumps Stretch this morning and it seems to hold ALOT more meat. (The website data seems incorrect, so I went off of the internal space dimensions.)

So,

Does anyone know if the Stretch IS that much bigger than the classic? From my math the Superior has around 17.5 Sq/Feet of Rack Room, the Classic has 19.14 Sq/Feet of Rack Room, and the Stretch has 37.68 Sq/Feet. If so, For the extra $200-400 dollars extra, I think the Stretch is worth it!

Thanks In advance!

HogzGoneWild

I went down the same road a few years back and narrowed a charcoal unit down to a Spicewine. Due to the time needed to build and deliver the unit, i went with a FEC 100. Now that i am not under any time constraints, im back to looking at the Spicewine for my larger cuts of meat.

By the time you option out the Stumps and or Superiors, your gonna spend more. Not to mention, the larger optional charcoal baskets available for the Spicewines make it a no brainer.

I have 2 stretchs and love'em hold a ton of food and I like that the exhaust is on the side of the smoker.With that being said I think the classic will hold just a little bit more food with 8 racks.If you like to cook in pans you can get 2 full size pans on the stretch.

If it is only $200-$400 difference I think it is a no-brainer.

You may also want to check out the newest stumps vertical - the Junior.

Back