anyone ever use a jalapeno rack???

DirtyDirty00

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
i saw someone once post a pic of one. i found many online and some for nice and cheap.

im sure they work fine to roast jalapenos, BUT has anyone ever used a rack and been successful still wrappng the abts wth bacon? would the rack still work with bacon wrapped jalapenos?

I prefer to do my ABTs without the rack... I just use my rack when I'm doing simple stuffed jalapenos...

I had a cheap-o rack. The holes were to close together to wrap in bacon. Peppers on the outside row kept falling off.

I prefer to do mine without the rack, straight to the grill for me.

I use a home-made rack. I wrapped #12 copper wire around a PVC pipe and made copper rings big enough to hold a bacon wrapped jalapeno. I then soldered them with lead-free solder, and made a leg set up that holds the rack high enough so the ABTs don't touch the grill grate.
It works, but needs a redesign. I soldered 12 rings together in 2 rows of six, but the rings are too close together. Need to 'gap' them a little.

Thanks everyone. Looks like my ABTs will continue to be made in the same fashion until a new invention is invented

I made one from a cheap Pizza pan, works okay but my holes need to be a little bigger. I prefer the pan so the cheese does not run out.

Picture1662.jpg

I use a home-made rack. I wrapped #12 copper wire around a PVC pipe and made copper rings big enough to hold a bacon wrapped jalapeno. I then soldered them with lead-free solder, and made a leg set up that holds the rack high enough so the ABTs don't touch the grill grate.
It works, but needs a redesign. I soldered 12 rings together in 2 rows of six, but the rings are too close together. Need to 'gap' them a little.

That sounds like a great idea, may need to try that one. :thumb:

I'm with Pappy, holes to close together, just something else to clean up. Conveniently left it at my sons house.

I use 2 blocks of wood and skewer them. The skewer holds the bacon on and the block of wood at either end stands them up. Hassle free, cost nothing and works great.

I use 2 blocks of wood and skewer them. The skewer holds the bacon on and the block of wood at either end stands them up.
Cooked some on Thanksgiving Day using this same method.
It worked really well and may be my new go-to method.

I use one that I bought from Bass Pro and it also came with a Corer. Works just fine without bacon and if I want them bacon wrapped I use every other hole but then I stuff my peppers whole. For me, it is a lot easier to clean up the rack than it is the grill when the cream cheese melts out of the end. Plus you can take the peppers off of the grill at one time.

I used to use this one but I do so many now that I just put them on the smoker now but it works well holds 24.
adae5006-b260-8f6f.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

hmmm. maybe ill just leave one on the xmas list afterall. only 15 bucks and comes with a corer. holes r 1" wide so maybe i can wrap em and stick the bottoms in still.

for $15 its worth a shot.

ha ha was reading fast and thought you said it's worth a snot! ooops!

I use this one from Chile Grill. This is make from thick SS and holds the peppers with bacon well.

I used to use this one but I do so many now that I just put them on the smoker now but it works well holds 24.
adae5006-b260-8f6f.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Got the same one. Jorge got it at HEB (i think) and brought it to me at a GTG at Hall's (where Brian put his teef on the paper towel roll & gave the giant armadillo smoker a reach-around . . .). See page 8 of below thread for pics.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15404

Sorry for the hijack but it was a memorable meal.

Back