Oklahoma Joe's brisket rub

S

shock

I just posted a file in the Mops, rubs, sauces, marinades upload section - Oklahom Joe's brisket flat rub (the file won't show up until an Admin/moderator approves it...). I used it this weekend on a 6# flat.

WOW.

It is currently my favorite. Amazing spice flavor with possibly the best flat I've ever smoked made it an instant classic IMHO. I made a bunch of comments specific to what I changed...

Also, I served the brisket cut into chunks (i.e. burnt ends) and think I like that much better than sliced.

If your looking for something to try, give this a whirl. You will not be disappointed... All the ingredients are common - nothing fancy...

Wow! Hi Shock! Know where Cattle Call is? :twisted:

How's the house coming?

Ah - I feel the love!! Good to BE back!

Basement is coming along okay (never enough time). I have finished the bathroom and the office and hallway should be completed by next weekend. That leaves me with about 1/2 to go...

Thanks for asking!

hey shock!!!! Thought ya drove away on the John Deere.... :)

Recipe is released.

Phil active today must have had fiber last night.

So I was looking through the other rub posts and found a recipie from "196 Dry Rubs" that was sorta close to the OK Joe's that I posted... the quantities are different and I use no must-turd, but I'm sure the flavor is close... Plus - this one appears to have too much salt for my liking...

All-Purpose Rub

3 tablespoons salt or seasoned salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon black pepper - freshly ground
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

Damm Shock thought you lost your password. Good to hear from ya

whats up

hey shock, glad to see ya, thanks for the rub recipe

Could not find it...Help

brdbbq said:
Could not find it...Help

Recipes=Farked, Click on the files button in the upper left of your screen. Scroll down. Vouila!

Can't go wrong with a name like Oklahoma Joe's :wink: . I actually haven't tried that rub yet, will have to look around for it, where did you pick it up? My favorite as of yet is another OK brand---Head Country rub, good on just about everything.

Stucue74 said:
Can't go wrong with a name like Oklahoma Joe's :wink: . I actually haven't tried that rub yet, will have to look around for it, where did you pick it up? My favorite as of yet is another OK brand---Head Country rub, good on just about everything.

The recipie was originally posted on the Food Network from a special with Bobby Flay.

Another thing I like about the OK Joe recipie I posted is that it makes enough for one flat (applied liberally) - that way you only mix up what you need (no waste) and your ingredients stay fresh!!

Do you have the ingredients/directions for the Head Country rub?

Thanks for the recipe Shock. I like it hot so I will go with your suggestions to make it hotter. Fire good. 8)

Davewey said:
Damm Shock thought you lost your password. Good to hear from ya
Speaking of losing passwords.....good to see you Davewey.

I've used many of the Oklahoma Joe's marinades and they are very good for injecting.

Back