Why Weber?

Smokin Ribs

is one Smokin' Farker
I've read alot of threads about how great Weber kettles are and by luck i scored a FREE one on the side of the road. Yea for me. All it needs is some TLC and a new cooking grid. My question is ----- What makes them so good? I've yet to cook on it yet so maybe i'll figure it out when i do. Any input would be appreciated. Smoke on brotha's

With a little TLC the Weber with its porcelain coating will last you a very long time. Webers are the 'iPods' of the cooking-with-fire world :)

It might be that nothing works better, quality, lasts longer, has better customer service, and is so versitile. Just a suggestion as to why Weber.

Maybe the shape of the kettle makes it cook more evenly, but I like the air vent/dampers. More control over temps than other grills in their price range.
Plus, close them off and it's so airtight the coals go out and they can be reused.

They work great, have for years, can find parts for them anywhere and easily, easy to operate, and has a HUGE base of customers all willing to share knowledge with you giving you the greatest knowledge base for BBQ on the entire planet.

My parents had a weber that lasted over 20 years. Mine was still usable after roughly 10 years...

My parents replaced theirs with another brand. Within a few weeks they had replaced that with another weber.

I really can't say I've ever heard much negative about Webers.

They are an incredible value for a product that does exactly what it says it will do, for decades, with little maintenance and for less than $100 for a mid-range kettle.

If you know anything about Weber, you know that Weber charcoal grills started it all. A revolution in outdoor cooking began with the original Weber kettle grill back in the 1950's. Weber has carried on a proud tradition of quality and innovation ever since.

If you know anything about Weber, you know that Weber charcoal grills started it all. A revolution in outdoor cooking began with the original Weber kettle grill back in the 1950's. Weber has carried on a proud tradition of quality and innovation ever since.

Well said. Without Weber, most of us probably wouldn't even be here. It's just a shame that the only Weber grills that show up on my local CL are old gassers. :tsk:

Very true. Before Weber, grills were called "braziers".

not sure that i can think of anything that the kettle can't do. overall quality and value is another thing. you shall see.

They are also very versatile & forgiving cookers..... Once you get a "feel" for them & how they cook, they almost cook by themselves.....

"DEPENDING" on the conditoin of your cooking grate, you my be able to just heat it up good, brush it well, then re-season them by sacrificing a fatty pork steak or burger on high wide open heat and moving it all around on all areas of the grate, letting the hot fat re-season the grate for you.

Weber has the full package of you are looking for in a product. Quality, Reliability, Customer Service and Performance. A totally winning company and product.

Back