THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowe's deal is the same deal they had for memorial day, they might limit it though. HD still has the best deal out there IMO

Lowes needs to do a deal on Stubbs to be different. There bogo offer on Kingsford isn't as good as Home Depots and they have a limit of 2 free bags.

The last time Lowes had the Stubbs offer I stocked up...now only have 3 bags left. I think someones been into my garage.......surely I can't use that much charcoal????

I'm still whittling down my stock of $6.00 coupon purchases. I have been looking for some Royal Oak briquets (seem to burn longer in my pit) to mix in with the blue and some mesquite lump for this weekend's butt festival. Wally World has nothing but Kingsford (blue, green, comp, Match Light, etc.) and Lowes has Stubbs and Cowboy. Has Royal Oak gone away or something?

When I bought mine at Lowes at Memorial Day I nicely, and with a smile,asked if there was really a limit or were just going to play games at 2 bags at a time. They checked the computer with 3 of the six I had loaded and it gave me the 3 others free. They said there was no problem as long as the computer didn't have a limit. I've also shopped there for years and I knew 2 of the three folks at the counter at the time. I made sure they weren't going to get into any trouble doing it that way. They said no problems for them, so I loaded on another 4 bags. It'll keep me stocked for a while. Now for Labor Day.....

Blessings,

I'm still whittling down my stock of $6.00 coupon purchases. I have been looking for some Royal Oak briquets (seem to burn longer in my pit) to mix in with the blue and some mesquite lump for this weekend's butt festival. Wally World has nothing but Kingsford (blue, green, comp, Match Light, etc.) and Lowes has Stubbs and Cowboy. Has Royal Oak gone away or something?

You can get Royal Oak through Do It Best hardware's website:

http://www.doitbest.com/Charcoal+an...Oak-model-192-104-026-doitbest-sku-838136.dib

They do a free ship to store thing that I have had good luck with. You buy it online and they send it to the store nearest you. I got my order in 3 days. I think this is dependent on when your local store gets their regular orders in. 40 pound bag was $18.99. Seems to be good stuff for me. Burned pretty long with average ash output. Good heat and consistent.

You can get Royal Oak through Do It Best hardware's website:

http://www.doitbest.com/Charcoal+an...Oak-model-192-104-026-doitbest-sku-838136.dib

They do a free ship to store thing that I have had good luck with. You buy it online and they send it to the store nearest you. I got my order in 3 days. I think this is dependent on when your local store gets their regular orders in. 40 pound bag was $18.99. Seems to be good stuff for me. Burned pretty long with average ash output. Good heat and consistent.

Was it briquettes or lump?

Just got back from Lowes and got my 2 free bags. I'll see what my Home Depot has tomorrow. I have to go look for a garbage disposal anyway :mad:

Back