Boneless Thighs

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm speaking from ignorance here, so please bear with me.

I know that a lot of competitors use boneless thighs. I also know that there is a often some good natured grumbling about how time intensive it is to properly trim and debone the thighs.

My question is, why not just buy boneless thighs? Is it the expense or maybe the lack of precision cutting?

Thanks!

Eric

I don't think i've ever seen boneless thighs that were NOT skinless. I think most folks that go boneless want the skin.

I don't think i've ever seen boneless thighs that were NOT skinless. I think most folks that go boneless want the skin.

That's a great point. Thanks.

I can get them from a local butcher whose staff really know what they are doing for $1.99 lb and have them save the skins.

Does that seem like the way to go to you?

Thanks again.

Eric

I can get them from a local butcher whose staff really know what they are doing for $1.99 lb and have them save the skins.

Thanks again.

Eric

Sure. It's worth a try.

Thanks again.

Eric

I'd at least be practicing the chit out of them. :thumb:

I'd at least be practicing the chit out of them. :thumb:

That is one problem I don't think I'll have to worry about. I have 10 pounds of chicken for Monday and I'll be doing practice cooks at least once a week until the comp.

Thanks!

Eric

I ate my first boneless thigh today judging for a rookie team doing some practice. Best damn chicken i've had in a while! :thumb:

I find that the judges like having "handles" on their food out here.

Typically lack of precision cutting in my experience.

Back