Cooking for the Navy (pics included)

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
The Commader called and asked our prices for 100 ppl ($15.99 per) and she said we were to high for their budget. Turns out their budget was $8.00 per. I checked my calendar and it is a school day (work at a local university). I told my boss what I was up to and she let me off work to help out our local military (love my boss).

So, I let the commander know that I can do it for them, no problem! Heck, they only wanted me to deliver the food
icon_lol.gif

I decided to surprise them and do it on-site. I still made a few bucks for the Wishland Comp this weekend.

I had one of my crew help out (paid her the ususal wage).

Menu:

Grilled Chicken
Pulled Pork
Pineapple Slaw
Potato Salad

I am tired, but they enjoyed the grub and it feels good doing something for our men and women of the armed forces. I may have landed a wedding from doing this event! :-D
DSC01879.jpg

DSC01882.jpg

DSC01883.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01881.jpg

DSC01893.jpg

Last edited:
Hey BBS, as a former Sailor I want to say thanks for taking care of my Brothers and Sisters in the Navy!! Food looked awesome!!! I am sure they all had a good time. The best I ever got was either Hardee's or Sliders and Rollers on the Steel Beach!!

Speaking of the Navy, ya'll should check out the Carrier documentary coming up on PBS. A film crew did a 6 month deployment on the USS Nimitz. I got a sneakpeak of the first episode this past saturday at the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola and it was really good.

The episodes are airing April 27 - May 1.

Thans BBS! I too seved in the USN, thanks for taking care of our guys in the armed forces!

From another old squid - thanks for thinking of our men and women serving our country!

We can't do enough for the ones that serve and protect "US" and ! Thanks BBS for dong your part from an old Navy vet.

Back