Dyna-Glo Vertical Offset or Broil King Vertical Smoker?

tangierc

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Folks, I am relatively new to smoking meat and doing a lot of learning. That being said, I like both of these charcoal smokers, but would love to have the insight of others who know a lot more and likely would consider things I'm not thinking about.

I love the space of the Dyna-Glo, but the Broil King seems to be better built.
I see many people modifying their Dyna-Glo to correct it's short comings.

So far I've been using a very old smoker (like the weber Smokey) that was given to me to learn, experiment, etc. but needs to be replaced.

For reference:
I live in Los Angeles (I notice a lot of folks talking about weather conditions when discussing smoking)

The models I am interested in are the Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D and Broil King 923610CH.

Open to other comparable models.

I'd pass on both. Get a New WSM or an insulated cabinet Smoker like a Humphrey's Battle Box or Weekender or a 270 Sumo or a Backwoods Chubby or such......

If im looking right a comparable model to that dyna glow would be a refrigerator box with a hot plate inside.

Look onto old country. What ever design suits you. The are the best starter pits and shipping from academy is a steal.

If thats too much $ look into ok joe. Want a vertical? Rhe new bandera looks fun and there are insane deals recently at select Wal-Mart's. I have a longhorn. Has served me well but ive about outgrown it.

I'll check these out. Thanks. The Hunsaker's are out of my price range for my skill level at the moment, but seems like an interesting product.

I'd pass on the Dyna-Glow. My Broil King gasser is pretty solid. Better build quality than Weber.

Broil King has very little space, I looked at them last year. That Assassin grill is pretty cool, its got all in one feel, priced right.

I'll check these out. Thanks. The Hunsaker's are out of my price range for my skill level at the moment, but seems like an interesting product.

It's fair to not want to jump in with expensive. PBC is very popular with a dedicated following on here.

Kettle grill can smoke, plenty of tips, how I started. Or a WSM

Cheaper ones don't hold up, need mods, and turn people off from smoking

Back