Korean Marinade Very Small Chicken Drumsticks Question

mahenryak

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have some small drumsticks with skin marinating in a Korean Marinade overnight. The marinade has water, soy sauce, brown sugar listed as the top three ingredients. I plan to cook on a pellet grill tomorrow. I want to put some smoke on them so I am thinking of starting them out at 180 for an hour. I am concerned about making the skin palatable. I have had success with cooking at 250 for an hour or two before but this was with a dry rub. I'm thinking of ramping up to about 325 F after the smoking session. Again, these are very small drumsticks. Any thoughts out there?

Last edited:
Couple options are to grill or deep fry after the smoking session. Let us know what you decide to do and how it turns out.

Thank you for the reply. I hadn't thought about deep frying. That would be a good option maybe in the future. I am going to stick with grilling this time, though. If I don't hear any suggestions with temp I think I'll go with 325F after the smoking time. After sleeping on it I'm thinking maybe I'll smoke for 1.5 hours and then ramp up to 325 F to finish them off.

Note: This is really sort of a mistake cook. My wife thought she was buying thighs due to the packaging but later realized it was a package of tiny drumsticks. We had the Korean Marinade on hand from a recent stir fry cook with beef, so I figured I'd try something different.

Just Prior to Ramp Up

Just Prior to Ramping Up Temp...

You can see that there are also wing parts here, too. Did I mention this was a mistake cook? :)

Attachments

• Pan2.jpg
    Pan2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 62
Korean style wings sound really good! That may have to be supper next week!

Finished cook. (more pics)

They were mighty tasty. My wife made a dish of fried rice which complemented it well (white rice mixed with fried bacon pieces, Yoshida's marinade, and scallions).

Attachments

• Baking_Dish_sauce.jpg
    Baking_Dish_sauce.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Baking_Dish_Parts.jpg
    Baking_Dish_Parts.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 55
The Sauce... just to put a bow on it.

Attachments

• Korean_Sty_suji.jpg
    Korean_Sty_suji.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 55