THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rowdycowboy

Full Fledged Farker
I have to do a event sat. Was going to do pulled pork fri. Pull it and then heat it up sat. Morn in the tin i am going to have it in. What kind of time am i looking at just to heat up the meat? Would this b ok to do it this away?

Put it in a disposable half steam pan with some apple juice, cover tightly with foil, and put in a 225* smoker. Should be ready to go in 30 to 45 minutes. I do it all the time, and it works great.

Do you have a vacuum sealer? I love to bring BBQ to parties or lunchtime potlucks at work and the vacuum sealer allows me to smoke 3-4 butts at a time, vacuum and freeze, then reheat the sealed bag in a pot of boiling water in 10-15 minutes. Slice the bag open and the meat is just smokey and juicy as it was when I pulled it.

Do you have a vacuum sealer? I love to bring BBQ to parties or lunchtime potlucks at work and the vacuum sealer allows me to smoke 3-4 butts at a time, vacuum and freeze, then reheat the sealed bag in a pot of boiling water in 10-15 minutes. Slice the bag open and the meat is just smokey and juicy as it was when I pulled it.

I NEED a vacuum sealer - if only for this reason!

Back