Freezer dive — brisket chili cook underway

Dweverett

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
Absolutely brilliant idea for a throw down. In addition to the brisket I cleaned out a bunch of other things that needed to go — several of which my wife never should have put in there.

On to the cook. I’m totally making this up as I go. I think I’m going to use the two alarm chili kit initially and use the Oakridge peppers as a second dump. Peppers are from the garden — need to use what’s left up before a freeze hits.

i-zTTxpmT-XL.jpg

Started by softening the onion, peppers and garlic.

i-JRR722R-XL.jpg

After that, pretty much everyone in the pool. I decided to hold off on the Rotel, at least for now and needed a second can of beef broth. I also held off on the kidney beans till later (which I’m sure some will say should be a permanent decision) so they don’t break down excessively. I also added juice from a lime that wasn’t in the original picture to get some acid in there.

i-JWqt42B-XL.jpg

And onto the Rectec at 225.

i-sT9L699-XL.jpg

More to come…..

Added a tablespoon of Ancho, New Mexico and Guajillo chili as a second dump. Added some cumin too just because. I did remember the beans towards the end which was good.

Overall, really happy with the results. Good flavor and a nice level of heat. I expected the meat to break down a little more but it was really tender.

i-Q7frXhM-XL.jpg

Thanks for following!

Back