BBQ Brethren *OFFICIAL* IMBAS MOINK Ball Certificates now available!

Good to read i can get certified! :)
Here are the pictures of my MOINK balls!

x20130217-200732.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Fz84j1bRpl.jpg

x20130217-200805.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fzyT_ZJfNP.jpg

x20130217-200905.jpg.pagespeed.ic.0YvB5594h6.jpg

I am going MOINK with dinner tonight. I hope my entry will be worthy of certification. Pr0n will follow when the deed is done.

MOINK Ball Certification Request

Please accept this write-up and series of photo's as my humble request for MOINK Ball Certification.

2 lbs Ground Beef (80/20) from our local butcher.
11.5 strips of pork bacon
3 T Franklin BBQ approximation Rib Rub
2 T Moose's Secret Chicken/...er.../ MOINK Ball Rub #2
Sauce
6 T KCMP
2 T Siracha
1 PBC

Fashioned beef balls
Put Franklin's Rub on the beef
Wrapped with bacon
Put Moose's Rub on the bacon
Skewered
Cooked on the PBC with hickory wood for 45 min
Brushed with Sauce
Set the sauce for 5 min
Rolled the balls
Brushed backside with sauce
Set for 5 min.
Pulled the balls off the grill, served immediately.

Delicious!

Attachments

• IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    424 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 356
Moink Balls - hope you find them worth for certification

HI all,

good to see all the recipes and slightly differences between the Moink Balls!

Here is what I decided to go for:
Fresh minced meat, included onions, garlic, chili, herbs and a bit mustard.

For the grill, I had added whisky chunks to give them a more intense smoked flavour, tasted excellent!

Hope you find them worth for certification :)!

Best
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_8051.jpg
    IMG_8051.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8050.jpg
    IMG_8050.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_8044.jpg
    IMG_8044.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_8042.jpg
    IMG_8042.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8041.jpg
    IMG_8041.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8040.jpg
    IMG_8040.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_8039.jpg
    IMG_8039.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_8053.jpg
    IMG_8053.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 211
Nice looking balls!

Sadly, this thread is over 3 years old and Chris doen’t Come by much, so there hasn’t been any certification for a while.

But,if he were here an sure that he would approve! :thumb:

Since it was labeled "BBQ Brethren "OFFICIAL" MOINK BALL certification, would it be possible for someone else to be the curator of a new thread with the same title? With a link to this one of course....

Just asking...

Since it was labeled "BBQ Brethren "OFFICIAL" MOINK BALL certification, would it be possible for someone else to be the curator of a new thread with the same title? With a link to this one of course....

Just asking...

Are you volunteering?

:becky:

Just asking...
I took a coupla photos the last time I made MOINK's, but I thought Certification was a thing of the past. Nothing great. Costco premades. Cheap Bacon. A combo of a couple of seasonings and some Rapsberry-Cipotle BBQ sauce. Tasted pretty good though.

(not to mention I haven't looked into a new Photo hosting site since Photobucket went Pirate)

I'm glad this thread got revived! I was reading this the other day, but figured it was so old it wasn't a 'thing' anymore.
I am not volunteering, but would like to see the certification come back!
No offense to anyone, but I think store bought meatballs should be a disqualifying ingredient.

Yes but the rukes were modified. See the 2009 thread here.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63787

With the valued permission of the BBQ Brethren Forum leadership the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society (IMBAS) has been given permission to create an official MOINK Ball Certification Request Thread.

OFFICIAL MOINK Ball Rules:

IMPORTANT RULE CHANGE:

After careful consideration by the Governing Board of IMBAS the following rule change as been adopted, effective immediately.

1. MOINK Balls will be made with ALL BEEF meatballs, wrapped in PORK bacon. Seasonings, sauces and glazes are encouraged but not mandatory. In the past MOINK Balls were only made with pre-made, store bought meatballs. Due to the international appeal of MOINK Balls and the lack of availability, in some localities, of store bought pre-made meatballs, HOMEMADE meatballs will now be acceptable provided the meatballs are made with no other meat other than BEEF. The standard binding agents are approved. Keep in mind the beauty of MOINK Balls is simplicity. Don't get too fancy on the binders/fillers. (This rule change will forever be known as the NOSKOS Rule)

2. MOINK Balls must be cooked out of doors using a wood or charcoal fire. Balls cooked indoors or using a fuel source other than wood or charcoal can not be considered for certification. It is important to note that pellets that are made of wood are acceptable as a fuel source for MOINK Balls.

3. The use of the term MOINK Balls requires the proper capitalization. Failure to capitalize MOINK Ball will result in your application being denied.

Questions concerning these rules should be addressed in a PM to BBQ Grail. This thread will NOT be monitored constantly, for the most part only when a certification request is made.

This thread will be made a STICKY for easy referral and reference.

Should you have a previous certification request and you'd like a certificate send a PM to BBQ Grail along with the link to your original request.

All posts that are NOT Certification Requests in this thread will be removed by moderators on a regular basis. Or at least when they get around to it.

For additional information on the history of the MOINK Ball please click here!

I'm glad this thread got revived! I was reading this the other day, but figured it was so old it wasn't a 'thing' anymore.
I am not volunteering, but would like to see the certification come back!
No offense to anyone, but I think store bought meatballs should be a disqualifying ingredient.

If I'm not mistaken, originally they had to be Frozen store bought to qualify for certification. LOL

The original MOINK Ball was made using store bought meatballs, so that is why they were required at the beginning. It’s MOINK Ball history :-D. But, as pointed out, the rules were relaxed to prevent squabbling :rolleyes: :becky: :thumb:

As far as reopening certification, someone would have to step up to ‘administer’ the certification and probably create a new certificate. We had a bunch of chit storms over certification in the past and I am not sure that it is worth revisiting, but if someone wants to take it on, more power to ya! :-D

I don’t see any reason to create a new thread, however. Lots of history in this one, even with the Photobucket screw job farking up some of the pictures.

The original MOINK Ball was made using store bought meatballs, so that is why they were required at the beginning. It’s MOINK Ball history :-D. But, as pointed out, the rules were relaxed to prevent squabbling :rolleyes: :becky: :thumb:

There was a recent news article as well as a forum thread about the new
rules. With the recent Solar Eclipse, it was necessary to make some
changes to the rules.

The article stated that the Moink Balls, had to be actual balls. Sometimes
they are called Calf Fries, or Rocky Mountain Oysters. Beef balls are
the preferred meat of choice. If you can't afford the beef balls, then
there is a cheaper option of using Deer balls, and they are always
under a buck.

I will post a link to the recent article about this change, as soon as
I can find it.

There was a recent news article as well as a forum thread about the new
rules. With the recent Solar Eclipse, it was necessary to make some
changes to the rules.

The article stated that the Moink Balls, had to be actual balls. Sometimes
they are called Calf Fries, or Rocky Mountain Oysters. Beef balls are
the preferred meat of choice. If you can't afford the beef balls, then
there is a cheaper option of using Deer balls, and they are always
under a buck.

I will post a link to the recent article about this change, as soon as
I can find it.

I can’t believe that you had the balls to post that! :shocked: :rolleyes: :cool:

Are you volunteering?

Oh, no..... I'm not worthy.... I was given my certification, possessed it for merely minutes, and had it stripped because I did not capitalize MIONK as per the rules. Now all I have is a screenshot of misery......:cry:

I'm definitely wanting to redeem myself though! :thumb:

Old certificate

Hey all,

funny to see that there still is demand from others about certificates and talking about it :)...

Does someone have old certificates as an example?
That we could try to make a new one?

Thanks
Chris

Oh, no..... I'm not worthy.... I was given my certification, possessed it for merely minutes, and had it stripped because I did not capitalize MIONK as per the rules. Now all I have is a screenshot of misery......:cry:

I'm definitely wanting to redeem myself though! :thumb:

And that is one of the reasons that this has faded away...

BTW, It’s MOINK :becky:

Reminds me of Boy Scouts as a kid (Royal Order of the Big Dipper) and College (Once a Cardinal, always a Cardinal)....

One tiny misstep and ya had to start all over...

Back