Colonoscopy today

medeloach

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I haven't eaten since Tuesday. Colonoscopy this afternoon. College football starts tonight. What should I cook this weekend? Go!

Tuesday? you have to fast the whole day before? Did you have to drink nasty stuff or take a pill? I need to do this soon but dread it. More power to you and good luck.

I think you deserve a nice brisky cook, enjoy the BBQ experience, sit and watch the smoke

The nasty stuff isn't that nasty anymore. Mine was only 5oz. followed by 40oz of water within an hour. Then make sure to stay close to the bathroom!!!! :shock: :help: :shock:

I haven't eaten since Tuesday. Colonoscopy this afternoon. College football starts tonight. What should I cook this weekend? Go!

8dcj.jpg

Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce, garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and a fried egg on top and Spam! :thumb:

too bad you are not from boston, boston butt would be perfectly ironic... but youre from C-Bus... even better! O-H!

Some insurance won't pay for the small amount system so you either pay for the upgrade your self or dring the full gallon less tasty stuff.

You end up not eating any real food for about 36 hours and not broth or jello type stuff for about 18 hours.

Planning ahead for a good meal give you something to look forward to!

I would rule out sausage:roll: as much as I like pictures pls don't show us any from your recent trip:tsk:

Good reminder for those of you 50 or over to schedule yours if not already done within the last 5 years. I have a friend who is a colorectal surgeon and he is a busy guy.

Especially if you have enjoyed eating sausages and other cured/processed foods through the years.

As mentioned above, prep is much easier today (request Prepopik) and the procedure is quite simple and fast.

I just had my 1st colonoscopy last Monday... During the prep I was thinking the same as you, what to cook after! I went with a big ribeye and potatoes. Hope everything goes well for you!

Unfortunately, I didn't find out there were better options than the gallon of putrid stuff that I'm drinking now. Drank half of it last night and the rest this morning. Amazingly, I'm not super hungry...yet. I do have a pork butt thawing in the fridge...but may need to do something else. I made my own pickled onions, so I'll serve the pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls with the onions. Maybe some ABTs. Like someone said above, turds would be appropriate. ��

As one who has had the sneaky scope, you should have something easy. You will be out of anesthesia, and you might have some constipation as a result.

I recommend starting with some mashed potatoes and protein shakes.

I wouldn't eat anything heavy until the doc says you have no polyps/fissures.

But since you asked what you should cook:

Bacon-wrapped onion rings

...I'll wait for the rest of you....

It may depend on what they do or do not find during the procedure. If you're all clear after the procedure(no pun intended), A great big ribeye, baked tater and whatever else sounds good:-D.

KC

I'm scheduled for my first one in October. I've got the drink stuff sitting on the window sill, just staring at me all the time, watching everything I do. Wasn't too keen on the idea of not eating for so long beforehand. Gonna be kind of interesting...

Back