Chuck Roast, Round 2, Barbacoa

Aggie12

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Found a super good deal on some choice Chuck roasts, so here is the 2nd one I’ve made this week. For reference, round 1 can be found here: https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288067

This time, I decided to go barbacoa. Seasoned it up, and tossed it in the kettle for a few hours.

50715460382_4386b52327_z.jpg

Then put it in a foil pan with a diced up red onion, a couple garlic cloves, some bay leaves, a couple chiles in adobo, and several limes worth of lime juice. Then I put in some apple cider vinegar and beef stock, covered it up with foil and stuck it back in the smoker until it was fork tender.

50715378871_6774e00866_z.jpg

50715378796_da75a2ce26_z.jpg

50714646838_a777633a8a_z.jpg

Served up on some corn tortillas and topped with sour cream, avocado, tomato, cilantro, and cotija cheese.

50715460282_f340617f5b_z.jpg

I'm a sucker for beef, cilantro on a corn tortilla :-D

Looks delicious. I remember the good old days when I used to work from home and could BBQ any day of the week.

Excellent! If you don’t mind, I’m going to lift that recipe and give it a whirl?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great looking tacos. I was going to use my left over pull chuck and makes some tacos but, had them all with scrambled eggs and hot salt

That looks a tasty feed, must try that chuck roast idea.
your Taco's look great

Excellent! If you don’t mind, I’m going to lift that recipe and give it a whirl?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Go for it! Here is the base recipe. I didn’t follow it exactly this time, mostly in that I just didn’t bother measuring everything out, and just threw some basic seasonings on the meat before smoking, but I have made it as written on some venison neck roast in the past and it was fantastic that way as well.

https://honest-food.net/barbacoa-recipe-venison/

Will be trying that also, thank you.

Back